I just ran a bat out of my house

Dr. Foreman needed the shots because he got bit by the patient.

In the old days (don't know how old), rabies shots were horribly painful, so people really wanted to be sure they were needed. That excuse has diminished substantially.

Reply to
Mark Isaak

Pre exposure vaccination still requires post-exposure vaccination if exposure occurs. Those who have had pre-exposure vaccination require fewer doses post exposure (usually two or three).

Reply to
Dave Bugg

Pre exposure vaccination still requires post-exposure vaccination if exposure occurs. Those who have had pre-exposure vaccination require fewer doses post exposure (usually two or three).

Reply to
Dave Bugg

Pre exposure vaccination still requires post-exposure vaccination if exposure occurs. Those who have had pre-exposure vaccination require fewer doses post exposure (usually two or three).

Reply to
Dave Bugg

Further reading on bats supports this... So I wonder how they determined whether subjects had or had not needed the shots. I suppose it can only be on whether or not the animal had rabies in fact? Which the ER didn't know, and, I am going to say, couldn't reasonably determine for sure?

Huh. A lot of research is pretty poor...

Reply to
Robert Carnegie