I hung a door!

It was a shed, it was crude, but it's a good as the pro who did it before me. w00t! Accomplishment! ;)
nb
notbob wrote the following:

What crime did the door commit that you had to hang it?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
notbob wrote the following:

My wife would be happy if I hung my jacket.

My wife would be happy if I were.
Harry K
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I'm happy I'm in Texas and don't need a jacket.

Your boyfriend is happy too.

How many cats do you have?

I used to do business there every couple of months. However, more importantly, one can see the kookiness every day in the news. You're screwed!
"Smitty Two" >

Of course a Californian would consider other Californians normal...lol. That's normal in itself.

You may think they're "normal" but they sure have worked hard to fuck up a beautiful state.
On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 22:23:54 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Would your wife be happy if you took off your pants and jacket?
--
"Yeah, but *I* have a degree in Linguistics, and *you* are posting to the
net using Microsoft Outlook."

If I took of my pant and put my jacket on a hook in the closet, we'd both be well hung.
willshak wrote:

Uh, people are "hanged," things are "hung."
On 7/18/2011 7:08 AM, HeyBub wrote:

So the big Black dude the girls talk about is a thing who has a thang?
TDD

No, you need something less than a dozen for a hung jury. ;-)

Or would that be a hanged jury?
Justin Time wrote:

Tip: If you find a black man in your family tree, cut him down and put him out by the curb.

Before or after the squirrels have their way with him?

So, are you going to "hung" a door next week?

The fun part was building the door. The door frame wasn't true, so I built the door as I went. Cut it from 5/8" plywood, stood it up on shims with screws in the door frame to keep it from falling inward. I added the 1"x4" trim boards as I went. When I added top horz trim (first), I screwed the entire door to the frame so the door would remain in place as I progressed. I cut and attached remaining trim then added hinges.
I only screwed the hinges with two screws, each, then opened door to see if it would swing freely. It did. I then took a break and enjoyed a much deserved beer. When I returned, the door had shifted, the hinges twisted, and the door askew. Bummer. So, with the help of a crowbar and prybar, I re-shimmed the door and added all the screws to the hinges and it worked. I added the dead bolt.
Today I gotta finish up. All the trim screws are too long, as the lumber yard was out of the proper length, so I gotta grind 'em short with a 4-1/2" RA grinder. I notice the original carpenter did the same thing.
I may be a hack, but I got 'er done and saved some dough. I think my late brother, a master carpenter, would have approved. ;)
nb