I hope they weren't driving too far...

On my way to work this morning I saw a car with a full size entertainment center on top.

No ropes, no straps...just 2 hairy arms sticking out of the windows holding on it.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Stuff like that amazes me. Yesterday I saw a small car with two sheets of OSB subfloor on the roof and a guy's hands sticking through the open sunroof to hold them in place. I had an instantaneous flash of the guy getting his fingers sheared off when the idiot-buddy driving stepped on the brakes.

Self-cleaning gene pool.

RicodJour

That's it! This carrying a boom-box on your shoulder just to irritate the folk has gone TOO far!

Reply to
HeyBub

When a worked for a electric utility, I was told of a guy that bought a 50 inch TV and loaded it up in his pickup truck without tying it down.

It blew off. :-)

After that the company forbid "DIY" deliveries.

Andy

Reply to
WhiteTea77581

RicodJour wrote in news:2b53961d-f61a-48ea- snipped-for-privacy@s21g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:

Not OSB but last evening on a 50mph road I came upon a couple of people putting a mattress and box spring back on the roof. Stopped right in the middle of the lane. Guess that yarn wasn't quite up to it...if there was even that used.

Reply to
Red Green

I once saw a car with mattress on top - uncovered - driving down the highway on a nasty winter day, salt spray and slush flying everywhere.

You couldn't put enough sheets on that mattress for me to sleep on it.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

heck I saw too tiny cars stopped just before pittsburghs liberty tunnels, each load had to be about 20 feet high, tunnel clearance about 15 feet. one load had blown off stopping traffic, I saw the police coming and wondering what the officers would say........

Reply to
bob haller

How did you know that the load that had blown off was 20 feet high?

If it was on the ground, wouldn't it be 20 feet long?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

DerbyDad03 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@t11g2000vbc.googlegroups.com:

Then of course there's the famous "Lumber Car". Most here have seen it but maybe a newbie who just lurks hasn't.

Red Green

I've seen worse than that, much worse -- 30-something woman driving, pre-adolescent kid sitting on top of the front seat with his head sticking out of the sunroof. Roof right at neck level. Caught up with them at a traffic light and asked the driver to imagine what would happen to her child if she had to make a sudden stop. She glared at me, but at least she made the kid climb down.

Reply to
Doug Miller

A guy I work with was a terror as a teenager. He went into a discount department store and took a boom box out of the carton, loaded it with batteries and put it on his shoulder, blaring rock music. The manager yelled "get that thing out of here" So he did.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Well... sounds like one way or another, *someone* is going to get entertained!

;^)

EL

Reply to
Eric