I have a dead mouse in my AC - need help getting to it?

Page 2 of 2

Joe B. wrote:

refer to as having all of the copper tubing is probable the evaporator. Tis and the blower are replaceable so they are removable.
Look into a deodorizer intended to address this type of problem. Talk with your friendly coroner or embalmer. No one comes to them for advice...they'll be helpful.
Also look for autopsy room or embalming room deodorizers.
http://www.imtek.biz/page/N/CTGY/csp-funeral
When the carcass dries out the odor will cease but this can take long time.
Don't use products like Febreeze unless you understand how they work and you're comfortable with this.

1 Mouse is not big enough to smell up a house
ransley wrote:

1 mouse can stink up at least 2 rooms.
Don Klipstein wrote:

very, very true. My parents live in the country and every couple years or so a mouse will get into one of the basement walls and not be able to get back out again (we never did figure out how the little buggers got in.) Eventually they put a piece of thin paneling over the drywall that was easily removeable, so that whenever they started smelling that horrific dead-mouse pong (which really did pong up the whole basement) they could just remove the paneling and stick the shop vac hose into the hole that was conveniently left in the drywall from the last go 'round.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel