I have a chance to buy a 50 TV for 200 bucks

Why do I care how much my TV weighs? I had no problem loading my $40 TV in and out of my car and putting it where I wanted it. Until I decide to move it, and I can't see that happening anytime soon, the extra weight means nothing.

If I was carrying this TV in and out of the house (like when I take my garage 13" into the backyard) then size and weight would be a factor. For a stationary TV it's a non-issue.

The $40 TV was for the basement and will never be used as a monitor, so that feature doesn't enter into this discussion.

This TV is attached to basic cable. If the picture quality of a 720p TV on basic cable is anything like my HD TV on non-HD stations, I'll stick with a CRT. The shows I like to watch aren't on HD-DTV, so that's no help.

The key factor here is that all of my CRT TV's are for "distraction" while working in the garage, doing laundry, getting dressed for work, etc. and for watching things like sports without being limited to one room. For dedicated "I'm going to sit down and watch TV" viewing, I have my HD-TV in the living room.

I can't justify $100 for that type of use when $40 TV's are readily available.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Greater weight is an advantage. It holds your table, floor, and house in place.

I only look at the screen enought to keep track of who's who. I'm either on the computer and the tv is to my left, I'm working at my bench and have to look up, or I'm eating and reading the newspaper and have to look up. If it's Law & Order or Monk or Highway Patrol, I pay attention. They have a lot of plot.

I haven't gotten past yard sales and trash tv's yet. But they outlawed throwing tv's in the trash, so I may have to go as high as $40, myself, after my current and spare tv's break.

Reply to
mm

FEWER letters. FEWER for count nouns, ex: letters; LESS for non-count nouns, ex:sugar.

Grammar Police aka HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

(snip)

Other than perhaps the program choices, get outa my head. I could have written the above.

Reply to
aemeijers

Ain't that the truth. You gotta hold the shift key two for CRT, knot for glass

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski