I have a chance to buy a 50 TV for 200 bucks

Page 2 of 2

Is this a fairly new flat screen? If so, it is worth the money if not a stolen set. Check to see if they have the original receipt or at least the manual. If it is a projection TV, they could not pay me $200 to take it.

About 35 years I was mowing my lawn with the reel mower. A guy stops his car in the street and approaches me. Tells me he just bought a gas mower and is going over to a friend's to give him his electric mower. But the friend was just going to pull the motor for some other use, and not pay him anything. He'd rather see the electric mower put to its intended use and make a few bucks. I didn't really believe a word he said, but the story was good enough to get me to the trunk of his car. I gave him 20 or 40 for the mower, a lightly used Sunbeam, and used it for many years. To make myself feel better, I didn't repaint it.
--Vic

ask for proof of original purchase,or the operators manual that's supplied with every TV,any sort of documentation that would come with a new TV. No stolen TV seller will have the operators manual.
Does the TV come with it's matching remote,just a generic remote,or none?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

re: "No stolen TV seller will have the operators manual."
That depends on where it was stolen from.
Items stolen off the truck or out of the warehouse, etc. would still be in original box with all the original paperwork.
DAMHIKT
On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:29:15 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
in

incher is not a grab and run proposition.