I Hate Price-Pfister

I bought a price pfister two handle kitchen faucet to please the better half. I saw that Lowes did not sell parts which gave me concern but anyway.... I bought it. Now 9 months later it drips. I bought a new ceramic cartridge (not Lowes) and installed it. it still drips. Went back to parts supplier. after only a little cringing and whining, he gave me another one. I checked the seat area and it appears smooth and flat. Installed the second cartridge. It STILL drips.
Called a several plumbers, all but one said they don't touch price pfister "they're junk". Scheduled visit form the one shop who said they'd fix it. The plumber obviously had never seen a ceramic cartridge. after some playing around he BROKE the ceramic disk. He left. Fortunately, I still have my previous replacement. put it in and of course it still drips.
any advice gratefully accepted. I'll look on the group for an answer.
Its a pretty good company with good products, too bad you had so much trouble. Give them a toll free call, parts are under warranty but you pay only for shipping.

I had an in sink soap bottle break on ours a couple years ago. (the plastic thread section was improperly glued/fused to the bottle.) When i called them, they sent two replacement bottles, no charge.
The pfaucet has worked fine for several years now... no drips or problems.
Give them a call or cisit their website. http://www.pricepfister.com
--
Good luck and be safe.
flip

Call them 1-800-PFAUCET
They will make it right under their "Pforever" Warranty program.
--
I sent ten puns to all my friends hoping that at least one
would make them laugh.

wrote

Kwik-set, Price Pfister and Black and Decker are all the same company. I ordered replacement parts from Price Pfister a few weeks ago and when it came the packing list contained all three names.
THAT is remarkable. I didn't know this.

ago.
expensive,
john hawkins wrote:

You _BOUGHT_? a new cartridge? Why didn't you just ask PF for a free replacement. The faucet is guaranteed and in my experience they will send you any replacement parts you ask for with no/few questions asked.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Yeah, my girlfriend's brother-in-law is a master plumber and hates Price-Pfister too. He doesn't care much for Delta either. He was trying to steer me to Grohe for my kitchen but, damn, those things are serious $$.
Steve Manes Brooklyn, NY http://www.magpie.com/house/bbs
What does he think of Moen? I must admit that I have had more than my share of trouble with my single-handled Moen kitchen faucet. It is "maintenance intensive." However, the cheerful staff at Moen promptly sends me replacement parts, at no charge whatsoever, for my faucet. I have gotten cartridges, spout, anything I needed.
My Moen bathroom faucets (shower and lavatory) have been flawless. Zero maintenance. All I do is clean the scale, etc., around them. I've had them for years without any maintenance needs at all. They get lots of use, and never drip. Thus I feel that the Moen faucets with separate hot and cold cartridges have superb reliability and performance characteristics. Heck, nothing lasts forever, but these faucets are the most reliable products I've ever bought. They're nice looking, and were reasonably priced.
I had a Delta in the kitchen, and got rid of it years ago. The sprayer didn't work.
Another consideration of faucets, though the data might be hard to gather, is their tendency to leach lead. I would like to get current data. Haven't thought about it for years, though.

Email this guy at Price Pfister snipped-for-privacy@bdhhi.com (Nadler, Steven)