I got termite distressed wood!

I have in the middle of remodeling a home. Home was infested with termites back in 2004 and was tented. Now when I am ripping down sheetrock and doing repairs and plumbing I see some wood that were damaged by termites - lucky none of those are structural.

For example, I have some door frames and studs that were eaten partially through by termites (poke my finger and it breaks like a cracker), and next to it is a 20" deep laminated structural beam and it has no damage. Strange. May be they prefer some species of wood and not others? My wood plank ceiling has some damages too in one spot - can see tiny holes in them...I have been debating whether to fix it or not - would be A LOT OF work.

Now I see a lot of distressed wood flooring with dents and scratches. I saw a kitchen cabinet catalog where they advertised distressed doors to the cabinets and they even claimed they worked "worm holes" into the doors. I showed my wife and say we have beautiful natural termite distressed wood ceiling, why fix it, that what people are paying premium dollars for. I think we should frame that section and hilite it, she didn't think it was funny, I didn't either.

MC

Reply to
MiamiCuse