I found a wire coming up from my yard, what is it?

There is an exposed wire that appeared after heavy rain in my yard, and I am not sure what it is. I followed it for a while and found a cut end also sticking up out of the ground. The wire reads, "Essex 16 AWG Class K Type TFFN or MTW 600 volts E53446 U.L. Gasoline and Oil Resistant or AWM."
Any thoughts? Thanks! Tracy
indywells wrote:

It's a buried wire that is no longer in service. Usually small wire like that is feeding path lighting or something low power like that. They often get cut by gardeners and people planting shrubs.
| indywells wrote: | > There is an exposed wire that appeared after heavy rain in my yard, | > and I am not sure what it is. I followed it for a while and found a | > cut end also sticking up out of the ground. The wire reads, "Essex 16 | > AWG Class K Type TFFN or MTW 600 volts E53446 U.L. Gasoline and Oil | > Resistant or AWM." | | It's a buried wire that is no longer in service. I am assuming it is no longer being used. but it is possible for it to still be live.
Usually small wire | like that is feeding path lighting or something low power like that. or any small motor in the tool shed, maybe had a carnival there once.
| They often get cut by gardeners and people planting shrubs. so if it was cut by accident it may still be in use.
| just thought I would clarify a few things before the OP is misled
| R that works

Maybe from an invisible dog fence setup