I didn't let the electricity drain out of the wires.......

I didn't let the electricity drain out of the wires after I shut off the circuit breaker. I immediately touched the outlet screws after turning off the breaker and got knocked on my ass. Let this be a warning. ALWAYS WAIT ONE HALF HOUR or more AFTER YOU TURN OFF THE BREAKER, FOR THE ELECTRICITY TO DRAIN OUT OF THE WIRES, BEFORE TOUCHING ANY WIRES OR ELECTRICAL PARTS (that were connected to the circuit). The same holds true for lightbulbs (even dead ones). When you unscrew a bulb that was turned on, NEVER touch the metal tip on the bottom of the bulb for at least one half hour, or risk a shock or even possible electricution.

Mark

If you believe this, I am selling the United States of America to the highest bidder. Please Start Bidding Now !!!! :) :) :)

Reply to
maradcliff

I think you shut off the wrong CB. Muff

Reply to
Muff

I thought that only happened in homes built under bridges. :-)

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

The same applies to your network cable (if your not running wireless) when you unplug the network cable at the computer end but leave it plugged into the hub/switch you will spill packets on the floor and they can be slippery.

Reply to
Eugene

I have never heard of such a thing. From my experience, when you shut off the breaker, that circuit is no longer energized.

I always test for power before I start working on a circuit. Did you do that?? A good multimeter could save your life.

Reply to
C.K.

Reply to
Jesse

And if you ARE running wireless, it's leaking all over the place and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Testing both before and after (shutting off the breaker) tests the meter too.

Don't forget an electrical box may have 2 or more circuits connected to it.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

This is why the US has an oil shortage. We keep using fuel to generate electricity that just leaks out of the wires and spreads across the floor. In a few years it will have filled all the basements, and all the way up to all the 2nd and 3rd floors, and we won't be able to afford to make more. There will be special HazEn crews that go around gathering up the old electricity, and recycling it.

Reply to
mm

Eugene wrote in news:oOOdnZvpRfVG2_fYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@wideopenwest.com:

Doing this, my computer got loaded with Bugs. They crawed in and up the cable. I reconnected and clicked on Orkin but NG :-(

Reply to
Al Bundy