I cried...

Page 4 of 7
On Nov 6, 10:18 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Please, where does one find that alternate reality dope you are sniffing?
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 10:25:33 -0800 (PST), BobR

You're an alternate reality dope if ever there was one, bobber.
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 6, 12:55 pm, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

And you need to deal with reality not drug induced delusions.
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 13:22:51 -0800 (PST), BobR

Is that what you are? Someone must have slipped me something.
Add pictures here
✖

That is something that the majority of people in this country totally ignore. You are not participating in the process by just voting in the presidential election every four years. Just the opposite, you are in effect supporting the worst that the two parties have to offer. If you really want a government that represents you...you must get involved at every level from the local precinct to the oval office.
Add pictures here
✖
BobR wrote:

Exactly. Knock on doors, contribute what you can, attend meetings, clip newspapers, pass out literature, register voters (except those of another party), write letters, hold 'meet & greets,' whatever.
Some people think all those yard signs and bumper stickers just miracle themselves into existence!
Suppose the campaign decides to send the candidate to your town 24 hours from now. How do you think 10,000 people get the word to show up? How do the bottles of water and the porta-potties materialize?
There's a complicated organization behind even the most innocent-looking political event. That organization needs people and money. You can help.
Many years ago, I started at the bottom and worked up to being in charge of ballot security for my county. For the next election, I was planning on being part of the 'Black Ops Brigade' (dirty tricks, wire-tapping, espionage, theft, intimidation, blackmail, assinations, etc.), but other events interceded.
Add pictures here
✖
HeyBub wrote:

The political parties reflect the extremes of their respective ideologies not the mean.

Add pictures here
✖
Democrats have been dividing the nation as long as I can rememeber. "The rich didn't pay their fair share" and so on. Asking Obama to bring the nation together is like asking Jack the Ripper to do first aid.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I think you underestimate this man.
Add pictures here
✖

Not half as much as you over esttimate him.
Add pictures here
✖

Go to work for the common good. Is that anything like "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need?"
Add pictures here
✖
Either that, or "from each according to the government's demands. To each according to your political pull.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Quite the opposite.
It's a little late, isn't it, to continue quoting the tired rhetoric of the failed McCain campaign, unparalleled in recent electoral history in its lying, vicious, distortion of their opponent's words.
(And, it must be added, the inability or unwillingness of certain elements of the electorate to seek out the original text and compare it with the distortions.)

- Jesus preached the same philosophy -- but it never worked long-term in the well-intentioned American communes of the 19th Century, and certainly never worked in the Soviet Union. That "communism" quickly deteriorated into a power struggle ending in a stultifying bureaucracy run by cruel dictators where inequality became even more glaring than under the Czars. And it was never remotely espoused by Obama, no matter how his opposition distorted his words to delude an unanalytic electorate.
People thrive when they are free to innovate, question, argue, complain. (Check your U.S. Constitution.)
And compete -- FAIRLY!!! -- not with the corporate dice loaded against the little guy/gal. Look at how much good has come out of (mostly!) honest competition in our system, as opposed to the lack of innovation in certain fatalistic Middle-Eastern theocratic systems which haven't done **** in the last thousand years.
President Obama is a very, very, very smart guy. He has studied history, unlike the outgoing empty suit, and unlike the war lover who opposed him. He knows the only way American can prosper is to put people to work on productive jobs that pay enough to support their families and stay in their homes..
There are SO many jobs just WAITING to be filled, once we get the White House fumigated to clear out the smell of those criminals who spent eight years selling out honest citizens for money stolen from our economy . Money we could have used at home was pissed away not only in illegal wars, but in profits skimmed by oil and other extractive industries, unegulated finance, Big Pharma and insurance -- profits drained from the blood of our soldiers and Iraqui civilians in that war-build-on-lies. (You DO know that there are as many outsourced no-bid "contractor" gangsters in Iraq as there are military? The former without the most minimal accountability.)
About those jobs: Rebuild or replaces bridges, 50 and 75 years old before YOU drive on them and fall into the river.
Same for highways, badly deteriorated from decades of overuse before YOUR family's car is wrecked.
Restore national treasures such as the Florida Everglades. Begin to restore the Gulf wetlands that historically, buffered coastal cities from hurricanes -- but which have been destroyed by unregulated development. Enter Katrina...
Begin to restore forests that absorb carbon dioxide and exude oxygen -- restore them from the ruined slopes left by rapacious clients of the Administration who strip them and ship to Japan to make chopsticks. Restore mountain tops blasted by rapacious coal barons and dumped into streams that choke wildlife.
Adequately fund and scientifically pursue alternative energy, rather than handing the prairie "red" states political pork in the form of an ill-conceived rush to corn-based ethanol.
Give children pre-natal and post-natal care and decent educations by qualified teachers from kindergarten through college, so they can become productive members of society instead of throw-aways who cost society dearly
Generously fund PURE science research -- not the industry-directed pork now ladeled out to bought&sold university to research institutes. That's how unfettered science can work to discover that gem which could better not only our lives, but those of the world.
That's "just" jobs -- not that they aren't BASIC to our future.
But there's also our good name to redeem.
We need to disavow torture and free innocents rounded up by bounty hunters and never accorded due process.
Maybe if we work together instead of misquoting and distorting, we can again become a light unto the world.
Add pictures here
✖
Congrats to all the Obama supporters!
Olddog
Add pictures here
✖

I vomited....
Add pictures here
✖

Normal...You're purging all that GOP bullshit you've been eating for 8 years.
It's a good thing.
Olddog
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 5, 12:42 am, snipped-for-privacy@forteinc.com wrote:

REPLY: I cried too....for the developing Americans in the womb who are waiting to enter their own Country knowing our next President only pretends life is sacred.
Add pictures here
✖

Is he? I honestly don't know. His voting record says one thing; his words say both things. And in the end, what he believes or what he "is" doesn't even matter; it's what he *does* as President that will count. And I can honestly say that I have no idea how he's going to govern. From the center? From the left? I don't know, and I have nothing on which to base a judgement. I've heard people in the media this morning asking "Who is Obama?" It might have been a good idea to ask that question before we elected him....
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@forteinc.com wrote in 08.dc1.easynews.com:

Yes we can!!
Add pictures here
✖

Which is pretty much the Dem's view of bipartisanship too. GW's trust in the concepts of bipartisanship were forged in Daddy's administration, especially the outcome of the Budget Mugging... er Summit 1990. The Dems said they wouldn't come to the table without a "bi-partisan" agenda that included both tax increases and budget cuts. When Daddy responded in a bipartisan manner and gave in on tax cuts, the Dems proceeded to pound him soundly about the face and head with "read my lips". Oh, and they sorta forgot to get around to the cuts. Both sides have for a long time viewed bipartisanship as "you lay down and take it whilst I do whatever I want". And this was pretty much independent of the party's majority or minority status at the time.
Add pictures here
✖