I cried...

Page 3 of 7
clipped

Is that opinion based on one sermon? Got evidence that he is "anti-American"? A preacher preaching fire and brimstone is not anti-American if he is basing his sermon on sin (killing), IMO. Don't go for that style myself, but have heard plenty of fiery sermons that really prompted people to reflect. From the perspective of older African Americans, America has been an awful place ... no housing available, no voting, trashy schools, etc. Being angry about our past doesn't make one anti-American. Ever been beaten up by a cop? I'm caucasian, but I've encountered some cops who were not "nice" and who lied on the record........only takes once to strike terror in one's heart.
Norminn wrote:

Can't say but my point is that if someone doesn't understand the clearance process they shouldn't be calling others "idiots" . And considering the part you snipped for some reason it is valid to remark that Obama may not be able to obtain a security clearance by normal means considering the folks he associates with and the foreign national status of his parent.

One sermon? You really are uninformed about Obama's ties to Rev. Wright and the many sermons that he gave on anti-white topics. Sermons which the Obama family fully supported until it became a political liability.
BobR wrote:

surrounded Reagan and Bush?
Norminn wrote:

GAWD DAMN AMERICA!!!! IT'S TRUE, IT SAYS IT IN THE BIBLE!
US of KKK!!!
Norminn wrote:

wrote in message

It started with his claim that Obama was "the MOST LEFTIST of the entire Senate", which is not only idiodic english, but clearly wrong in fact. Basically, a right wing "talking point".

Yanik is clearly not intelligent enough to be a qualifies judge of this. He states things as fact that are clearly bullsh*T. The word still applies.

Actually, I have often wondered whether a huge country like the U.S. could manage with a parliamentary system or at the least, with proportional representation. The Electoral College winner-takes-all is so, so...UN-representative...
[...

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

You won't hear an argument from me. It seems we pick full bore left or right. Clearly the republicans main purpose was to enrich the fat cats by fostering a totally opaque "free market economy". But electing Obama is just a total move to the other direction. I have pride in our country and I don't want a president that the "world would have elected" as is touted with Obama because the world wants the US to be weaker and diminished in stature. Thats what Obama stands for.

They left me behind with the opaque "free market" which got us into a situation that was so leveraged and convoluted that no one could understand.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

The political parties accurately reflect the views of their membership. If you want them to change, get active in the party of your choice and become an advocate.
It's the "independent" voter who's the most dependent of all. He has no say in who the candidates will be, he has no voice in the platform, policies, or practices of either party. After the election, he has no influence or power over the elected officials.
To a politician, an independent voter is like a dust storm. He shows up once every four years, creates a mess and much confusion, and has to be dealt with. After that, he's ignored until next time.
HeyBub wrote:

I blame the nomination of John McCain on one of two things:
a) open primaries
b) backroom dealings to set him up as the fall guy for this election.
The "compassionate conservatism" of George W. Bush did the most to derail the Republican Party than anything else. Good riddance to all the RINOs. Time to rebuild with those who share the same core beliefs.

membership. Of course, that still means you have to get involved.

You beat me to it. As a North Carolina resident, I removed myself from the Republican Party roles this year to become an independent. That freed me up to choose which primary election I wanted to vote. By the time NC has its primary, the Republican frontrunner is long chosen, so voting in the Republican primary is an exercise in futility. It was the Democratic primary that provided me with a choice. I voted for Hillary because she appeared most likely to lose in NC. I wanted the most divisive candidate to win for the Democrats. I thought the longer the Democrats remained divided, the easier they'd be to defeat.
America has demonstrated that she is sick of the current situation. The Republicans had the power and pissed it away. I fully expect the Democrats to do the same. Many in Congress are there only to serve themselves. I'd strongly support term limits to do away with the professional politician as a career choice. Didn't the Republicans have some sort of term limit included in their "contract with America"? I seem to recall my local congresscritter Sue Myrick signed the contract. Of course, she continues to run in every election. I guess she didn't mean "her".
I look forward to seeing what can be done by a new administration in righting the nation. I hope they don't fuck it up but I don't hold all that much hope. And I hope the campaign rhetoric about Obama turns out to be just that: rhetoric. We'll see.
If the Democrats pile on and push through a bunch of very divisive stuff, look to see yet another cleaning out of incumbents in 4 years.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
On Nov 6, 7:27am, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN" <mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com> wrote:

What you failed to recognize is just how much the Democrats have contributed to screwing up this country over the last eight years and even more so in the last two. To lay all the blame on Bush and the Republicans is to ignore the realities.

What you failed to recognize is just how much the Democrats have contributed to screwing up this country over the last eight years and even more so in the last two. To lay all the blame on Bush and the Republicans is to ignore the realities.
************************************************************8
Look who's spouting the "talking points" and ignoring reality. Maybe give it 15 yaers for Democrats to consolidate their power, and another 15 to waste it away, and then the republicans may become a power again. It's not going to happen in 4 years.

Sorry but they will fuck things up must faster than that. The only hope they have is that the Republicans will continue to screw themselves.

Sorry but they will fuck things up must faster than that. The only hope they have is that the Republicans will continue to screw themselves.
*******************************************************8
We can probably count on the second point.
On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 07:58:46 -0800 (PST), BobR

When the last Democratic President took office there was what was considered an insurmountable deficit. When he left office, eight years later, he handed over a country that had a surplus, to a Republican Administration. What's the current deficit or surplus after 8 years of Republicans? Don't worry, the Democrats will fix your massive screw ups AGAIN. Just bear in muind that they cant fix your 8 years of hard work in the wrong direction, overnight. We may need to maintain Democratic control for the next 30 years or so to make sure you don't go stupid on us again.
Just think what a Democratic Administration might accomplish if it didn't have to expend all it's time and energy correcting Republican messes. We might be in a much better position in so many areas that they can't even get to.
We'd probably still be the world leader in manufacturing, and be admired and respected around the world.
Toyota would being trying to emulate Chrysler, and Michigan would be swamped with work and not enough workers to fill all the positions.

you back out the SS "surplus" which by law was placed in treasury debt (only in DC can you call a long term liability a short term asset), there was only one year of actual surplus. Not saying Clinton did anything wrong, this rather creative bookkeeping preceded him by quite a few years. The other thing is that this was less of a Clinton surplus than a Greenspan/Gates surplus. Greenspan for the long-term and low (now some say too low) interest rates, and Gates as the alliterative way to bring in the once-in-a-lifetime productive changes brought about by computers. He also owes a debt of gratitude to the GOP for saving him from his baser instincts by killing off the attempted tax increases he proposed the first year of his term that would have possibly killed off the expansion aborning. Finally, the GOP was in control of the Congress which actually spent the money. The years of the surplus were the last years before they joined the Dark Side and lost all pretense of spending restraint.
What's the current deficit or surplus after

Titanic. Except for a five year period right around the time the GOP first took over and before they joined the Dark Side, increases in spending were amazingly consistent no matter who was in office or controlling the Congress. Then of course, over the last few years the Dems and GOP have worked together to shovel more and more money out the door.

That train had left long before, at least the world leader in mfg.

Gee I did not know that the GOP was involved in designing and marketing cars. People did not want them. They HAD to be designed by Republicans. Why did I not see that linkage before?

With tap dancing ability like that, you have a bright future as a star in the Rockettes.