I can't blame the dog for this

I have a semi plugged toilet after someone dumped a super turd in it this morning. I am admitting no culpability.

Is there a product that will soften or dislodge this because I really don't want to remove the toilet.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

LOL That train has already left the station.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

How about trying a length of old hose...a piece of old washer hose?

Reply to
bob_villa

...cherry bomb?

Reply to
bob_villa

Time and water helps. Anything flexible may break it if you can reach it. Wire? Give it a good flush or two once you break it so it moves along the line.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Persistence has paid off. After several flushings lubricated with Dawn soap the turd has gone away and all is well!

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

You give no details or background. You ina cesspool situation? Plain ol' housing project sewer lines? We need more info.

We usta hafta have our property sewer line roto-rootered (blades) about every 2 yrs cuz of tree roots. After suffering this and getting no relief, it was discovered the back-ups were caused by dried toilet paper (TP) which had dried and collected on the under-house piping when tree-root backups occured. Hadda blast TP off pipes with hose w/ straigh-stream, thru access port.

I've also had Winter freeze back up sewer fer 6 wks (diff home). No fun.

IOW, it could be a lotta things. Time to get specific and maybe roll up sleeves and get icky! 8| nb

Reply to
notbob

Problem is, flushing provides cold water. Succes is good, in either which what case.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

...take your medication...

Reply to
bob_villa

tree roots are zero problem i put rock salt in my wash tub add very hot water and mix with a shovel to dissolve the salt. do in early spring when the tree is about to leaf out

the salt kills the roots but leaves the tree unharmened.

the tree is over 200 years old, so i dont want to harm it

i have been doing this for over 20 years

Reply to
bob haller

Well, that's obviously working for you. Wonder what happens if you flush a cup of rock salt, and leave it crystal? Slow dissolve over a period of time and all.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Gordon Shumway posted for all of us...

No shit!