I can not find a chair leg protector for this type of chair

I have a heavy chair used on a wood surface. I have tried many different chair leg protectors on the legs but they end up breaking within a few days. I don't want to scratch my wood floor (I have done that in the past)

Here is the description of the leg of the chair. It is made of iron. The leg itself is "hollowed out" at the bottom. That is where the original plastic insert has worn down to the point of actually being gone. The size of the hole where the original plastic insert fit, is 1 1/4 circular diameter.

1) Is there some type of plastic liquid that I can squirt in the chair leg that will mold to the leg? So I can then sit on the chair and make it slide easily on a wood floor?

2) I don't want to place a carpet over the floor as it is in a room used for entertaining and the chair is supposed to slide when I get up from the table.

Thanks much,

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP

NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net

NOTE: My web home page:

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

wayne

Wayne,

Thanks for the URL. I contacted them today. I sent them a photoraph of the leg I am trying to fix.

Thanks again,

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP

NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net

NOTE: My web home page:

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

Reply to
wayne

I have a LOT of glides, lots more than on that web site. I tried emailing you, but it didn't go through. Post back here if they can't take care of you.

mrsgator88

leg protectors on the

wood floor (I have done

itself is "hollowed

the point of actually

1/4 circular diameter.

that will mold to the

entertaining and the

snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net

I had a noise problem with the furniture making a scraping noise when it was pushed over a hard floor. I cured it by getting some hard wearing carpet without underlay, cutting it to the shape of the chair leg bottom and sticking it using double sided tape, carpet side to floor, to the bottom of the leg. It may work for you.

Reply to
john

Wayne,

My email address is snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net

You have to remove the word "TAKEOUT" from the email address.

Thanks much,

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP

NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net

NOTE: My web home page:

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

John,

Sounds like a good idea. I will try this.

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP

NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net

NOTE: My web home page:

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

I contacted this URL. However, the salesman said they don't cater to retail, that I would have to spend a minumum of around $50 bucks to get a large number to purchase.