I bought a Neptune Washer

I bought a Neptune Washer Jan 01 in Ft. Collins CO at an authorized Maytag Dealer (the only product they sell). I was willing to pay over $1200 (for just a washer) in order to have a machine that would be worry free from maintenance issues for at least seven years (after buying the extended service warranty that is) and was more than guaranteed by the salesperson this washer would WASH those ever large comforters (the only reason I would even consider a washer ever being worth this type of money).

Well it does not wash comforters any better than the $300 model and it tends to tear holes in the fabric as well. As the salesperson stated "if you can get it in the machine and shut the door, it will clean it", I think they should have said, it will shred it. smile

It has proved to me that home models are not up to laundry mat capacity yet, even though they would like to make you think so, in order to charge the big bucks.

The biggest issue I have had with Maytag is when it comes to service. The friendly guy whose is always asleep at the office because they have so few failures, is probably asleep, because they have so few customers.

November 2003:

The very week I called my extended warranty service contract number to arrange to have the rubber gasket replaced on my beautiful worry free Neptune washer (this is the gasket between the door and the drum, which had totally separated into cracks along the whole rubber seal) happened to be the very same day I called Sears to repair an electrical wiring issue on my brand new Sears convection cook top range. I have an extended service warranty package with Sears as well.

The Sears Warranty department scheduled to be out to get my stove fixed in about three days. After hanging up with them, I called Maytag to get an appointment for my washer. Their spiel was first: this gasket defect was not an extended service warranty issue, that it fact it was a manufacturers defect and the Maytag manufacturing company direct, would have to fix it, but they would be happy to quickly transfer me there, did so, and hung up. As you guess, Maytag Company, said oh the manufacturer's warranty has expired, so you will need to go back to your Extended Warranty Service Dealer to get it fixed, so call them back at the number you started out first at. Getting the big picture?

So I called the Extended Warranty Service people back and they were trying to get me to go through the big loop again, until I said no, you are going to take care of this problem and you are going to stay on line with me while it is being done. After being put on hold a couple of times, no one seemed to be able to figure out, who was going to get stuck with this bill, but kept trying to pass the problem off on someone else. Getting the even bigger picture?

Finally the Extended Service Warranty person said, he had made arrangements with my local Maytag Store, you know the store I spent the $1200 at, to come out an install my gasket after they mail it to me. When the gasket arrives, their will be a number to call inside, just call it and they will come out and put it on for you.

Well that gasket arrived, and guess what, there was no number in the package to call to get it installed. Surprised, not really.

I called my local Maytag store, and told him the Extended Service Warranty group said he would be the one to install the gasket and he said, oh we only come out to your area once a week, and we have already missed your day. How about next Friday, that would be another week a way. Let's see, I have already been without a washer (totally now for two weeks, what is one more week).

Well folks, guess what, today is that next Friday, and guess who called. Yep, my friendly Maytag repairman. His ONE and only repairman came down with the flu (the day after Thanksgiving), and he just won't be able to make it out.

No apology that I have been without a washer for three weeks now, but he did offer TO MAKE AN EXCEPTION and come out to my area before their normal Fridays for this area. He said you know my repairman is open all next week, pick a date. I said that will be fine, the only day I would not would be available would be on Wednesday. He then suggests, oh well then, why don't we just make it next Friday anyway. Really? Lets see that makes 4 weeks without a washer. I don't know how much dirty laundry you have by then, but we are talking about wearing those shorts one more time inside out. smile

As for Sears, they came out in the three days they said they would, fixed my beautiful Frigidaire stove the very day they came out, and it didn't cost me a buck.

I called, they came, they delivered! I am a happy camper!

As for Maytag, the laundry is still piling up, along with all bullshit to get them to do their job.

If you want service, go to Sears. If you want a hassle, go to Maytag.

Washerlessincolorado

Reply to
west

You bought an overpriced machine and wasted your money on a service contract. To compound your mistake you now telling everyone on usenet (for those who have not noticed yet, he's put this in a bunch of other NGs today) about your foolishness.

BOO HOO, you messed up. Stop whining and deal with it.

Reply to
C G

Not only that this is the second time he posted to this newsgroup. He changed the subject, so you may have missed the prior one.

And he considers this washer food equipment. So not only is he posting all over he's even going off-topic with his whine.

Yea. If it wasn't so pedantic I might have read the thing. Whining for 96 lines isn't the way to get people to read it.

Don .

Reply to
Don Wiss

Your story if very fishy. If you bought it 1/1/03 it is still under original warranty and Maytag would have fixed the seal. Unless the crooked dealer sold you a used machine as new. Or you bought it knowing that it was used which is what I suspect you did thinking that the extended warranty would cover any problems. Unfortunately, most extended warranties are rip offs. I would buy one only from the original manufacturer or if I had money to burn, Sears.

large

being

service.

Maytag