I am looking for low home insurance rates company???

Page 1 of 2
I am looking for low home insurance rates company???
Anybody knows a company
Mark wrote:

I'm looking for new car??
Anybody knows a company?

Yes.
Oscar_Lives wrote:

That's an excellent company. Pay off the claims every time no questions asked, and never ever raise the premiums! I highly recommend them.
what is the name of the company
We all are. Rates are only on factor. Some companies have better reputations than others when you do have a problem so be sure to check them out. No sense in paying a low premium only to find the company just went bankrupt or has a policy of not paying claims easily.

Start your own. All the others will screw you if they can. I hate insurance companies.

American National

Try FEMA www.fema.gov
Mark wrote:

If the rates are low, there is a reason; typically one of the following:
Short answer--try a credit union.
Company does not expect to pay They will make it so difficult to file a claim that most will not get paid. They will "take the money and run" by driving the company into bankruptcy (there's regulations to take care of this, but...) They have determined you are a low risk (all should have low rates for you) The coverage is worthless (very high deductible; very limited coverage)
Company does not expect to make a profit They're trying to break into the market and will increase rates next year They're subsidized (probably by you, and you're not eligible) They're a not-for-profit organization (credit union)
That's about it. I'd suggest you look for a credit union or a company trying to break into the market. 21st Century out here in Ohio has auto (I know you asked for home, but this is illustrative) rates that are under half of any commercial company, and about 2/3 of our credit union. They're just expanding into Ohio. I fully expect the rates to go up significantly in 1-2 years.
Nobody can touch our credit union (USAA) for rates. See what credit unions you qualify for. Many states (or is it the Fed? I don't know, except the laws have been passed in the past few years) have passed laws that allow credit unions to accept members based on geography, not just professional, employer, or similar affiliation.
Credit unions are often a good deal because they: Are member-owned not-for profit organizations Are not subject to the same regs as banks and insurance companies.

Rates are great but try filing a claim and see what happenes to your rates......

Been there done that. I insure with USAA for the past 11 years. I have had claims on a lightning strike, a sump pump failure, and frozen pipes (no water damage). Still insured; no big jump in rates.
As for cheap - frankly, I didn't shop for price. I shopped for service.
Banty
wrote

I have had them for 31 years. My wife had 2 accidents in 2 years. Both did not involve another vehicle (she backrd into something both times, no property damage except to her vehicle). We had NEVER filed a claim in 31 years until these two. The total claim for both accidents? $1432.73. After the second, they dropped her and made her pick up a separate policy and her premium was $1500 every 6 months. FIFTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!! That was more that what they were charging my 16 year old son and MORE THAT THE TWO CLAIMS WERE!!! Plus, she could not drive my vehicle or my son's. They made her pay that premium until the first accident "expired". Then they lowered it, but not back where it was before.
Now does that make any sense? I mean, If we knew she was going to have to pay that high of a premium, we would have paid for it out of our pocket.
One more example of the "Minds of USAA":
One day I have a Dive Shop in Atlanta call me and tell me that "We are currently out of the blue fins that you ordered. Would black ones be O.K.?" I asked them WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! They said they had a $2300.00 order for scuba gear to be shipped to Singapore on my USAA MasterCard. I assured them that I did NOT place an order with them (sounds like a commercial, huh?) and they suggested I call USAA and cancel the card. It took me over an hour on the phone with them (USAA) to convince them to cancel it. THEN, the dive shop called me later that day and said they just received an e-mail from the guy (that was using my card number) wanting to know where his order was. I called USAA and told them and gave them the e-mail address and the lady at USAA says:
"Well, since they didn't really USE your card and no charges were incurred, there's not a lot we can do."
"But I have an e-mail address and this guy WAS going to use my card and charge who knows HOW much and I think maybe you can...."
"You'll have to take that up with your local police or something, sir. There is nothing we can do from here..."
Well, thank SOOOOOOO F*cking much!!! I am so glad that they care so much about stopping fraud and everything but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Do you think that if these people would have gotten away with charging my card to the limit that USAA would have said "Oh, well"??? HELL NO!! They would have sent me a bill and told me to pay up!!! Bunch of a-holes!
I'm just SOOOOO Damn happy they treat a customer of 31 years like I am "ONE OF THE FAMILY"!!!!
assholes.....
<rant off>
'scuse me....had to get that out of my system.....
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

Go for it HC. That's a lot of crap to be carrying around inside all of these years. alt.home.repair is many things to many people, including therapeutic. '-)

Hee - yeah.
Wonder why our experiences are so different...
Banty
??? They're a credit union; not an international police force.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

Yeah.
When a good outfit is slammed like this, usually (not always of course, nothing's perfect) it's a matter of unrealistic expectations.
With no charge, they have no authority to go after someone.
His wife may have fit the profile indicating future problems - perhaps why I haven't had a problem is that I don't repeatedly (or even once, but repeatedly has got to be a red flag to the insurance co.) back into stuff.
Banty
says...

My wife a future problem? When she has been insured by them for 24 years with no previous problem??? Then 2 "fender benders" that amounted to less than what they charged her for a 6 month premium (that she had to pay for 18 months)???? Whether they have a set formula or not: That is not right
BTW, ask me who insures me now (house, cars, credit card, etc.)........

Clearly, if you went 29 years with no accidents, and then suddenly had two that were obvious driver error, something has changed. Your wife has become a menace behind the wheel, and it's only a matter of time until the "something" she backs into is someone's toddler. Since toddlers are expensive, obviously it's time to raise her rates.

No offense, but f*ck you, a*sshole.......