Hydronic Heat Pressure too high

Just bought a 25 year old single story house with a burnham boiler,.Pressure on the gage is a steady 25psi. What steps do I take to reduce the pressure to 12 psi. (Lots of clunking noise in boiler)

Not to be critical You actually think someone can give you the steps with out seeing the installation?
Call a local boiler pro and have them give you an assessment.
If your in canada, and from the email it seems you may be, contact the Wolseley Plbg&Htg in your area. Guys are fantastic, sell stuff your furnace man buys and marks up insanely. And have been great to me, bought a 125K btu gas furnace and installed it in house we just sold. Crooks wanted $4K for unit installed. Superior unit cost 1,400 including parts. Dumb ole me had the install done in a 10 hour day. Do a google on wolseley. Staff are knowledgable and prices cheap. You probably just need to adjust your flow rates, they will show you how.

jimi Wrote:

Have you tried the pressure reducing valve?
--
a1steelbuildings

I've had that problem only to discover I had inadvertantly tripped the quick fill valve. I flipped it back to where it belonged, bled off some pressure and was back to 12.
Hi Marson! Thanks for your reply, I have a watts pressure regulator valve set at 30 psi I flipped it up and I drained some water into a bucket, the pressure did not go down. Maybe I needed to release more water?? I'm in Colorado and we are having some serious cold weather so I was concerned about releasing too much and have to refill again.(not good) When you said "bled off" was that flipping the pressure release and letting out water? Thank's........Jim