Hydronic Heat Pressure too high

Just bought a 25 year old single story house with a burnham boiler,.Pressure on the gage is a steady 25psi. What steps do I take to reduce the pressure to 12 psi. (Lots of clunking noise in boiler)

Reply to
jimi

Not to be critical You actually think someone can give you the steps with out seeing the installation?

Call a local boiler pro and have them give you an assessment.

Reply to
SQLit

Reply to
Slim Bastard

Have you tried the pressure reducing valve?

Reply to
a1steelbuildings

I've had that problem only to discover I had inadvertantly tripped the quick fill valve. I flipped it back to where it belonged, bled off some pressure and was back to 12.

Reply to
marson

Hi Marson! Thanks for your reply, I have a watts pressure regulator valve set at 30 psi I flipped it up and I drained some water into a bucket, the pressure did not go down. Maybe I needed to release more water?? I'm in Colorado and we are having some serious cold weather so I was concerned about releasing too much and have to refill again.(not good) When you said "bled off" was that flipping the pressure release and letting out water? Thank's........Jim

Reply to
jimi