Hydro-Air spa/bathtub question

Hello all,

We have only recently moved into a house that has a spa tub. The other evening, my wife filled the tub above the jet fittings for the first time and I started hearing the dreaded "tick-tick-tick" noise of water dripping behind the tub enclosure, so I've found a source for parts and replaced the jet fittings with no further leaks from them, BUT... While running a cleaning solution through the tub, I also found a loose plastic tube that started spewing water from the pump into the wall space behind the tub (luckily, I still have the wall open and accessible). I can't find any installation manuals online so far, but the suction fitting says it's a Hydro-Air brand and that has helped to find the jet parts (Micro-Jet is the model). Does anyone know what this open tube might be? It's about 1/4" diameter, clear flexible plastic. It's obviously connected to the pump discharge side somehow but there appear to be no fittings within reach of the tube. Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Lou

Reply to
louie

also, did some more looking with a flashlight into the enclosure cavity last night... there is no "air button" to control the pump, so it can't be connected to that. I'm still searching online, but so far most of my searching brings up hottub dealers with very little technical info, especially for bathtubs. If nobody has any ideas here, does anyone maybe know of a more appropriate NG I can crosspost this to?

Thanks again, Lou

Reply to
louie