HVAC WTF

Page 4 of 4

And just how would you know what the end figure should be without being in the trade?
See, there is much more than the cost of equipment for a particular job.
There are many things like over head, taxes, tools, training, fees, licenses, permits, trucks, gas, insurance, help, etc, etc. Do you know what is costs to run a legit business that makes an actual profit?
I figure not, or you wouldn't have siad what you did in your previous reply.
~kjpro~

I'm not talking about the end figure, only the equipment cost. There are many variables that would effect the final number... Way more than a non-pro like me could guess over the internet. But.. If I look at a quote and the equipment cost is in line with others it is going to give me a better feeling about the rest of the quote. If the equipment cost is doulble someone elses retail price then I'm going to wonder about the rest of the quote.

I work for a small company (one of three people) so I am very familiar with what it cost to run a company. More than most people would ever believe. I'm not suggesting that equipment price is all there is to a job. I'm sure you are aware that many industries, including HVAC, are full of hacks that are good sales people.

What did I say in my previous reply to make you think that?
Steve B.

No problem.
But what if a company gives you a 'Proposal' that lists different options and gives a total amount for the different 'packages'?
Are you going to be upset that they didn't list all the products separately?
~kjpro~
KJpro,
Don't waist your time with this looser who fabricated the 'AROUND" prices better than the "guys coming tomorrow" will fabricate the ducts.
The guy was caught lying, so what do you expect him to post now that is truthful? He's hoping that these damage control posts he's making will save his honor and dignity but he isn't doing a very good job of it. His original post was an ego trip in the hopes he could stand out as some poor victim from those terrible HVAC guys. Read the first insult he posted against you me and every other tradesman. His later posts has shown him to be a liar and now he takes the typical 'I don't have to show you anything" approach. Maybe this is a kid, I haven't heard such crap since my kids were in kindergarten!
Rich

Troll , he posts as desert traveler, and none@none, and how would he know or respect CB on just one thread or know he sells York among his line up, and why, CB put him down. And he avoids the 2 ton " get a load calculation " questions. There is No garage remodel. Just a troll BS
On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 04:54:57 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

I have posted under one name for the last 3+ years. Can you point to one single post was sent by me under a different name?
I don't know Steve @ Carolina Breeze but I have seen enough of his posts over the years to make me trust his knowledge. After being here long enough you learn who to trust on what subjects.
The op said two ton was the smallest sytem available. I pointed him to a 1.5 ton system. I wouldn't have a clue how to answer a load calc question if there was one.
You may have confused me with the OP since we both use the name Steve B. I have no idea whether the OP really has a garage remodel or not. It would be agravating if some people spent this time trying to help him and he was just trying to piss off the hvac guys.
Steve B.

My point was not to piss them off. My point was to show their arrogance, pomposity, and ego.
I have not done it, though. They have.
If you need a HVAC job done, don't allow yourself to be held up by some primadonna HVAC person. In my case, I was lucky, living here for nearly fifty years, and in the end being able to make some calls, find a "friend" and get the system for a very good price.
Installation is Monday. I got a very good price and warranty from a company that has been in business for 19 years. Yes, I did get a break from a friend, but in our town, there is a saying that I believe started here. "It's not what you know, it's who you know."
So, all you good HVAC guys out there, keep it up. Good luck. Break a leg. Make a million, and all that. And to all the egotistical prissies out there, you really need to get into a job you can handle.
And take some spelling lessons, too. I'm not impressed by anyone who claims to know the mathematics and nuances involved in HVAC who can't spell common words or use correct English.
You are a disgrace and a symptom of what is wrong with America today.
Have a good life, whatever you do.
The Other Steve B.
wrote

There you have it, this guys total intent of his orginal post was to insult every single HVAC guy in the world! Only those who are bigots and racists clump a group together as a single entity as you have done.
Your a liar and this post has revealed it to be so. Read on..

OH YOU LIAR!!! you said you had QUOTES plural from companies. Now we see that a BUDDY is putting it in!
I proved my case. You can tell when he's lying by either opening his mouth or typing.
Rich

It would be around $5000.00