HVAC WTF

Page 2 of 4

I'm not doubting you, but i'd like to see what all that involves.
I can honestly say that our company is too cheap on jobs. $2750 would be a good price for a REPLACEMENT job, but to do one from scratch (manual J, ductwork, permits, electrician, etc.) that's seems a little low.
More power to ya. What kind of warranty did they give you?
"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote

Curb Warranty. As soon as they hit the curb, the warranty is out.

Were you born stupid, or did you just practice a lot? No installer gives a warranty. That comes from the manufacturer.
STeve
"SteveB" wrote

LOL. No installer gives a warranty on their work? LolOllOL. Guess you must look stupid, because that's what they're taking you for. But then again, you act pretty dumb. On second thoughts, I don't think you're acting.

That to me says that he never got those two quotes today! Depending on which state he is in its a law to warrant work to some degree or there would be major problems in society.
I have never seen a quote yet that didn't provide some type of warranty for workmanship. Once again, scan the quotes you say you have and lets see them

Oh, I must have it backwards. The INSTALLER gives you a warranty on the FACTORY goods. Is that how it works? How silly of me.
Steve
"SteveB" wrote

You're prime for the pickins. It's good to see someone with your attitude get raked over the coals. Ya all come back now, and tell us how hot those coals were.

We don't need a permit, and we have an electrician on staff. They give no warranty. That is given by the company that manufacturers the unit. The installation is guaranteed by a surety bond in this state.
Steve
"SteveB" wrote

Well Einstein, you're partially correct. But you're one damn fool if you don't have a one year warranty on labor installation by the installer. The surety bond only binds the contractor to the terms of the contract, it doesn't guarantee anything further. Curb warranty is what you will be getting.

But what is the INSTALLER offering you?
I just know we guarantee parts and labor (AND do annual PM) for 2 years and then parts for an additional 3 years (no matter what the manufacturer offers).
The reason I ask: What happens, say, come summertime and your unit is not cooling because they left a leak. Are you going to get charged a service call PLUS parts to repair it (even though THEY left the leak)? After one year? Two? What happens if the compressor goes bad after a year (or any other part like a fan motor, circuit board, reversing valve, etc.)? Sure, the manufacturer with give you a replacement, but it could cost you a LOT of money for the swap out (even though the part is free). I've seen companies charge $800 to change out a warranty compressor. There is a lot involved with changing one out. What will THEY charge you?

Those that COULD, but dont pull a permit, are the ones to run from. And NO, the manufacturer of the unit, gives a warranty to the units that are ONLY installed by legitimate persons, correctly. I dont know how many calls we get a MONTH for units installed by others, that there is NO warranty on at ALL due to incorrect installation, or application. I know I have cancelled many a warranty on many a unit....
BTW....I placed an order today for a middle of the road system for a good customer today...middle of the road meaning, its a high SEER High AFUE unit....the WHOLESALE cost of the equipment totaled over $4500.... $2750..LOL....a 10 SEER 1.5 ton Goodman..MAYBE.

Bubba
Scan them and put them were we can see them

Eat shit and smile for me. If I ever have to justify my actions to you, please shoot me.
Steve
I knew you wouldn't do it because you don't have them.....
If you had them you would be able to be more specific instead of being vague on the actual quotes.
Your attitude is most likely why the so called quotes said 'around', they knew that you were blowing smoke when you tried to get the work done for nothing
Until you post the quotes everyone will believe your fabricating this stuff up. Settle it once and for all, scan them! :-) We know you can't because there are non for yesterday!
Rich

"non for yesterday" ? You must be a HVAC man with spelling and English like that. Now, go have another beer and a hooter.
Sheesh..............
And, FYI, "scans" can't be published in newsgroups.
BTW, installation is Monday.
Steve
Your nothing but a liar
There ARE many places to post those quotes and you know this to be true, instead you try to cover up your lies by saying some BS crap that you can't post pictures on a newsgroup. If you are on this newsgroup you KNOW there are places. Once again your lying to cover your previous lies.
Your very first post was insulting to every HVAC company with no distinctions, here is what you said.
"""What is it with HVAC people that makes them so vague? So arrogant that they don't think you can even do the math. """
You call HVAC people ARROGANT VAGUE and ignorant, and then come here asking for help from us? ! Your post and actions reveal to everyone what you are made of. Anybody have any descriptive words for SteveB here to describe him?
So once again, prove it, take pictures of you holding the quotes with the dates that you proclaim that you got them next to the guys putting in the system Monday morning standing next to there trucks. We won't hold our breath waiting for any imaginary quotes of yours.

Im sure it was a troll. , he goes from no quotes to " It is being instaled Monday" And Nobody is going to be that stupidly dumb assed enough to put in a 2 ton because of the " thats all there is" stupidity in 484 sq ft. And not get a load calc. If he is that dumb then all his 'heatpump' savings will be gone running a new 50 pt dehumidifer all summer long, Troll or Moron= looser
Trane makes a one ton heat pump

I agree with you on this. I have an older home built one week after the end of the civil war and it has 7 large bedrooms, my heat loss and gains are 72,000 loss and 3 tons ac, and the home is loose. He's going to put in a two ton for a garage converted to a bedroom? He's full of it
Rich