HVAC vents

I have a split system located in my crawl space. The vents consist of one main large metal tube with insulation on it. The branckes to the floor registers are flex. Over the years I have had cats and animals get under there and tear the flex.

Is it better to go all metal ducts? Can I wrap regular insulation around them?

Is there a sleeve or some other protective thing like pipe insulation I could use over the current branches?

I appreciate it!

Reply to
stryped1

Duct tape!

Reply to
Dan Espen

large metal tube with insulation on it. The branckes to the floor registers are flex. Over the years I have had cats and animals get under there and tear the flex.

use over the current branches?

Have a local heating/cooling contractor replace the flex with solid metal with insulation. You will only have to do it onc

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn