HVAC seeking to boost air flow

Page 2 of 2
Turtle , only a person with subsidised electric will go electric, ex 04 Kwh Now- today- electric at 0.125 Kwh is nearly 3 TIMES the cost of gas at my gas price, which is the norm for the midwest of USA.
Do you remember the 1000$ microwave, sure you do, now it is 50$. Competition - demand dictates prices.

This is Turtle.
Here in Louisiana where fuel or electricity is still pretty cheap. the people with all electric homes 2,000 sq. ft. [ no heat pumps ] with straight electric 15 KW element heat still get a $200 to $300.00 electric bill during the worst cold weather times. Some even have this set up and use a panel ray heater as heat and the propane cost them about $125 a month during cold months but we only have 2 of them. Here in the South we get the fuel off the top before the middle men start getting their cut off it. Louisiana produces 1/8 of all the natural gas the U.S.A. uses totally.
Now to the Microwave stuff. I can remember the $1,000.00 microwave but I bought one years ago and used it for YearS with a big S and now after giving it away to kind folk and bought a cheap one. It has been 5 years and I've bought two of them to last 5 years.
Now if the government tells the hvac industry to go to 13 seer and 93+% AFUE furnaces. The hvac industry is making about 1/2 of all their equipment now over seas and in Mexico and this will make them move all their operation over seas or to Mexico. I crossed the Border here a while back at Brownville and saw manufactoring plants of Rheem , Carrier, Trane, and Lennox. The produce the parts there and ship them into the U.S. and just put them together here. If you push them, They will just start assembling them there too and just ship them in. With this push you will cut over 100,000+ employees job lost to Mexico or over seas. Another not here all of Carrier equipment will be made and shipped into the U.S. as of now. They have moved all their operation over seas. The only jobs that will get the benefit of this is Railroad workers and Trucking companys and they might just be Mexican companys doing this.
The American people get screwed everytime the Government get into telling the industry what to do. The average assembly line Forman [ not worker ] get about $25.00 a day or $500.00 a month. The American counter part would want more than this.
TURTLE

This part about the garage scares me, totally against code in most areas to heat your garage with the house's furnace. Now if this is remodeled space that you can no longer get a car into, then no problem.
If it is still a garage, rip out all the duct work that attaches to the house's furance, and add a second furance to heat just the garage. The two systems need to be completely independant of each other, and no connection what so ever for air to flow from the garage to the home. Greg

You could legally have a heat run into the garage, but you couldn't have a return out of it. That means it wouldn't work properly anyway. The best idea is a seperate system, pay attention to the elevation requirements and the UL listing of the unit you choose to use.
Dan

This is Turtle.
#1 Don't fool with the trashy Duct fans.
#2 Boost the fan speed to see.
#3 Do increase the duct sizes to make the move to area that are not getting it.
If you would like to get a run on the sizing of the ducts to increase them to get the area to the ones that are not getting it. i can size them for you from the duct sizes stated by you.
You can increase the fan speed if you get with me and i may be able to explain it to you to run it on black or high. I know the GMPN's series for I install then. If you e-mail me do include the serial number with the model number here. It is really nothing to change the speed on them.
Get with me if you want to do #2 or #3.
TURTLE