HVAC rust

My HVAC unit already beginning to develop rust underneath the compressor after only 5 years. Its just a little but it is the first sign. What is the best way to treat this.
JImmie
My HVAC unit already beginning to develop rust underneath the compressor after only 5 years. Its just a little but it is the first sign. What is the best way to treat this.
JImmie

Has it been kept clean of debris and it drains, Prep and paint it with oil paint.

Basically it won't rust out before the end of it's life expectancy. You will get about 15 years out of today's hvac outside units.

RUSTOLEUM! Follow the directions on the container.
Joe
I have the same problem. Paint on a lot of new stuff, along with the hardware is junk. Remove the rust, sand, prime, and paint (preforably with a paint gun). Feel free to clear coat too. Use all loi based paints. Rustoleum is great for this. Then repalce all the rusty hardware with stainless steel.