HVAC Relay

I am installing a few booster fans on my furnace. I want to get more air to my bedroom that has some large windows which I think is why it does not maintain the desired temperature, while many other rooms can. I am also adding a booster to my computer room vent. My computers generate a lot of heat which makes using the room suck in the summer. In the winter I dont need the boost.

So I need a relay or a pair of relays to do this job. I looked in Grainger and found a couple I think fit the bill.

Steveco 90-293Q

8A@120VAC inductive SPDT

and also Steveco 90-290Q

8A@120VAC Inductive SPNO

and Steveco 90-370

14A@120VAC inductive SPDT

I am considering 2x the 90-370 relay so I can disconnect one of them in the winter time, and use both during Summer months. They have 24v coil voltage. I am hoping this will work ok. Main problem is I don't have a source for the relays. Grainger wont sell to public, and Radio Shack don't seem to carry similar relays, and I don't see any at local hardware store either.

Any tips on where I can find relays?

Reply to
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Tell them you work for some big company and you are paying cash. The counter guy just needs a name to type into the computer. You can use #831455035 IBM if you like. I can use the activity on my account. It is cash only ;-)

BTW the real answer might be a return down in that room if you can do it.

Reply to
gfretwell

If you need booster fans, you have a ductwork problem. If you only need the additional cooling during the summer, won't a window shaker work?

If you DO put in the booster fans, you are guaranteed to have airflow problems when the fans stop working....

Reply to
HeatMan

Try DigiKLey, Alklied Electronics, Newark Electronics.

Reply to
FDR

I can easily put in a new fan. So long as they sell one that fits. Install is not too tough. The cool air does get into the room. This room does not seem to keep the temperature though. Too many big windows. I could probably buy better windows. The fan has been mounted for like a year now, but i havent found the stinkin relay. So it could be restricting my air even now.

Whats a window shaker?

As for my computer room, I mounted an exhaust fan in the window. It does ok, but its quite noisy. Plus if I close the door it will start sucking air in through the return as well.

Reply to
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

for like a year now, but i havent found the stinkin relay. So it could

Oh, they are restircting airflow, guaranteed...

Another name for a window unit Air Conditioner .

It's pulling air from anywhere, including the return...

Reply to
HeatMan