HVAC-Related Question

I just had a new gas pack and duct work installed and I am wondering if anyone has a list of tests the installers should perform from inside the house to ensure everything is efficient. If it makes any difference, I have

16 vents that bring the air in the house and 7 vents that return it.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Dutch Buckhead

What is a gas pack

Reply to
m Ransley

A gas pack combines the convenient electric cooling of an air conditioner with the energy-efficient gas heat of a furnace, all in one space-saving unit.

Reply to
Dutch Buckhead

Were duct seams sealed. When my gas pack- furnace and AC was put in the only test was if it worked. Perhaps a test on outside condenser temp and pressure. An amp draw would be smart , A pro will soon answer you correctly.

Reply to
m Ransley

Hey..YOU are the bone head that paid over $9500 for a 10SEER gaspack... You might want to ask the company that stole your money what they check out...or read your installation manual that by SC law, they have to leave with you...

Reply to
CBHVAC

What did the results from your Manual J and Manual D calculations tell you?? What did you local *competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician recommend??

Or did you just go by "rule of thumb" and the lowest bidder??

Reply to
Noon-Air

You're as cretinous as we thought. I assume the guy's Rambler station wagon is parked out front of your house as it has been all week, the one with the ladders bungee-corded tlo the roof?

Reply to
Vicki Szaszvari

Tlo?

Reply to
Dutch Buckhead

Well, the vents were installed when the house was built 27 or so years ago. Is it possible to remove one if it is not necessary? If so, do you just put wallboard in the space?

Reply to
Dutch Buckhead

Assuming that the original system was correctly sized and installed, and

*all* of the existing vents were required for correct operation and air distribution, why would you need to remove one unless you are reducing the size of the house and re-configuring the system and reducing its capacity to compensate??
Reply to
Noon-Air

It seems to be an efficient layout. There are 2 in the kitchen, 3 in the den, 2 in the master bedroom, 1 in each of the 3 other bedrooms, 1 in each of the 3 bathrooms, 1 in the foyer, 1 in the living room, and 1 in the dining room. There is a return in the den, living room, hallway, master bedroom, and each of the 3 other bedrooms.

Is there a standard service/return ratio, or does it depend on the layout? In my case it would be about 2.25:1.

Reply to
Dutch Buckhead

READ MY LIPS What did the Manual J and Manual D calculations say??? Its not a crap shoot.....its an exact science. There is no such thing a "rule of thumb" other than most folks have 2 of them

Reply to
Noon-Air