HVAC Not Running

That sounds right. Partially forget my previous post. (I still think it might have been a bicycle store.)

Reply to
micky

Some don't have that capacity.

. Christ>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yep. I found it at Lowes and fashioned a couple of nice clamps out of it. The roll will be handy to have around for other projects, too.

Thanks for the suggestion. The idea of a capacitor with 240VAC on it bouncing around inside the metal air conditioning unit is not very appealing.

Reply to
mcp6453

Great, glad I could help. If I remember correctly, it's called plumbers tape because it's used to hang pipe and the holes make it easy for the plumber to adjust the level of the pipe. You may see it in basements or crawl spaces where the pipes are hanging from the floor joists. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I figure that's a recipe for a short circuit, and some burnt electrical wires. Good idea to secure the cap, and make it safe.

. Christ>>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon