HVAC Industry: Carrier AC and ICS?

I had an HVAC serviceman over last week.
He told me that Carrier AC's now ship just like ICS. All the same units, just a little stick-on emblem that sez Heil or Comfortmaker or Carrier or ???
Implication was that ICS had bought Carrier or somesuch.
Was he pullin' my leg?
Puddin'
PS: I'd post to alt.hvac if I didn't figger it was still a snake-pit.

Do you mean ICP?
United Technologies, the parent company of Carrier, bought ICP a couple (or more) years back.

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 12:58:03 -0400, "HeatMan"

Yep. Sorry 'bout that.

Would that explain what I describe above?