HVAC custom-size air filters

Can someone recommend a source for custom-size air filters for residential HVAC?
I need 1"x25"x22" filters, and the closest sizes I've seen (at my local WalMart, HomeDepot, Lowe's) were 1x25x25 and 1x25x20.
TIA
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:21:34 -0800, bubbabubbs wrote:

If it were me, I'd cut the 1x25x25 to fit and seal the cut edge with tape. Or I might try the other size and see if it really matters.
This might be a temporary solution until you can find the right size.
Have you asked HD or Lowes if they could stock the size?
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:21:34 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

www.iaqsource.com has a filter finder. If they don't have a standard the size you need (they don't have one your size) you can get a custom in several types. Probably expensive, but....
HTH,
Paul

Grainger sells filter rolls so you can cut your own size. Maybe you can get a sheet metal shop to fabricate a frame for you. http://www.grainger.com
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/categories/hvacr/filters/filter-media-rolls
You could try a plumbing supply or HVAC supply company as well.
Big box stores used to sell a washable filter with a plastic frame, you took it apart cut the media and slid it back together, I used a small metal screw to hold it together. Not sure if they are still available though but it would be worth a look

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:21:34 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Wow! Spent a lot of time Googleing that one, eh? Bubba

not exactly sure what u mean, bro.
I had the local HVAC outfit make me a washable filter. A trip to the hose/shower once a month, and a whiff of spray on filter oil. No more replacable filters. Cost was only $10!
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:10:33 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

In other words: Go to Google or your favor search engine. Type in the size filter you need then start reading. Pick the one you like best. You can add "best price, lowest price, discount price, etc" to find the lowest price Bubba
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

1x25x20. Duct tape. Works like a charm.