HVAC Control Panel

I am replacing an old HVAC control unit with a new one ... but wire markings are different. The instructions with the new unit are unclear. Old unit is WeatherTron New is LUX.

Old - R, T, O, G, Y, X2, B, U, W. New - G,Y,W,RH,B,O,RC. Which wire goes to which wire?

Thanks for help.

Bob

Reply to
seniorgeezer

This is Turtle.

Here Hold My beer and Watch this !

first a lot of the Old WeatherTron units was heat pumps and the thermostat you have will not deal with the X 2 , U , and T teminals. If not a heat pump read below.

If not a heat pump here goes;

OLD NEW THERMOSTAT

R ----------------- Rh / RC G ----------------- G Y ----------------- Y W ---------------- W Tape off others.

Now Hand me my Beer Back !

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Turns out I do have a heat pump ... so it looks like my control will not work?

The old control unit works, it just doesn't have a lot of the programming features of the new control unit.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Bob

Reply to
seniorgeezer

Your old thermostat (I"m assuming that's what you're talking about) is not a "Weathertron" ... that's the name of your unit.

Your new thermostat won't work on a multi-stage heat pump, but would work on a single stage heat pump (betting you're got a multi-stage). Take it back (assuming they'll give you your money back, which I doubt) and buy a decent thermostat (NOT a LUX - that's a real piece of shit) designed for a multi-stage heat pump. Should be an 800 number for assistance with wiring connections (hint: you won't use the wire from the T terminal on the old thermostat).

Reply to
Scott McDaniel

Is this a heat pump? It looks as though it is by the old designations.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail
Reply to
hvactech2

Yes, it turns out that it is a heat pump.

bob

Reply to
seniorgeezer