hvac

My goodman furnace/ air has been having unusual delays, on days where I switch between heat and air. The thermostat seems ok, at least I can hear the relay switch, sometime waiting a couple minutes. I switched off the power to the furnace a couple times, but don't have enough info on my actions. All know, it didn't used to do this. I can only guess it's the board
Greg
I'm guessing that you don't have a lot of experience with HVAC troubleshooting. Ask around, see who your neighbors have had out to fix their furnace, and call for a diagnostic.
My goodman furnace/ air has been having unusual delays, on days where I switch between heat and air. The thermostat seems ok, at least I can hear the relay switch, sometime waiting a couple minutes. I switched off the power to the furnace a couple times, but don't have enough info on my actions. All know, it didn't used to do this. I can only guess it's the board
Greg

My warranty went out last summer. I got the install company, but my hot water tank went out last summer, and because they could not locate a local supplier of the installed tank, they did not give me a free replacement. They originally installed furnace with air, hot water tank, and dug gas line, for just over 5k $ , just over 5 years ago. I have not tried anything yet as far a my own troubleshoot. Just gets frustrating when your hot or cold.
Greg
Yes, that sounds maddening. Wish I could tell you exactly what the problem is, but I can't see it from here.
My warranty went out last summer. I got the install company, but my hot water tank went out last summer, and because they could not locate a local supplier of the installed tank, they did not give me a free replacement. They originally installed furnace with air, hot water tank, and dug gas line, for just over 5k $ , just over 5 years ago. I have not tried anything yet as far a my own troubleshoot. Just gets frustrating when your hot or cold.
Greg

That was a bum deal. Part of the problem was the original installer was fired, and confusion. I didn't want to fight. I bought a tank and they installed it. Plum ing company referred by friend, inlaws, of course.
For my air problem. I heard the thermostat clicking relays. Heat to cool, after delays. No other indications on readout. Took batteries out, a bit low. Reinstalled new batteries, and the thing now works properly. Could be the batteries or combination of circuitry needing reset ? Standard common white Rodgers stat.
Greg

I have gone through a few thermostats. The white Rodgers has been the best overall. Except for the time it went intermittent after I was hammer drilling the wall. I fixed it by resoldering the crystal for the processor.
Greg