Husqvarna - 55 Rancher

I have the above model of Chainsaw held at the local dealer while I wait for the shipment to come in. I (think) I am getting a good price on the saw ($399 CAD), when previously it was retail for $649.

I know that the 55 are being replaced with the 455 model, but from what I have heard around, the 55 was a good, reliable saw for the many years Husqvarna has manufactured it.

I am just looking for more opinions from those who have owned or own the saw.

Thanks in Advance.

Reply to
Jon

You have bought one of the top three brand names saws in the world. You have bought one of the strongest, toughest, best running models that Husky makes. $399 is a good price for that big saw.

I have a Husky 345 that I got for $237 new from Norwalk Power Equipment. They threw in shipping, and had a package deal on two extra chains. By the time I bought oil, file, sharpener, safety hat, etc, I spent more, but that is a kick ass saw. I anticipate owning it for a very long time, and that's the ultimate test.

So many chainsaws today are considered disposable, and they will wear out fast. The Husky will be around for a long time if you run the right gas and do the maintenance.

You done good.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Although I don't have a 55, I do have a 41, also have a Husqvarna gas grass trimmer, and push lawn mower, all of which I have had for about 15 years or more. I would buy any Husqvarna product again, each one of these will start eveytime, the mower still has the original plug and oil, ( I know, should be changed yearly ) but when something starts consistently on first pull after sitting for 8 months it's hard to think about doing anything to it. Oh and by the way I have approx. 12,000 sq. ft. of lawn.

Reply to
Greg