Husky Powerwasher 1750

Anyone here own one of these?
If so, have you added anything to the reservoir and actually had it work?
I've added some carwash solution a couple of times, but only water sprays.
Ron | 2010-01-29 | 10:41:49 PM wrote:

I have a different brand, but they might work the same way.
Mine only pulls out of the reservoir when I use the low pressure setting of my adjustable spray head.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

Exactly right. Same on Karcher and several other brands I've used.

Thanks guys...I'll give that a try, for my cars anyway.
Seems kinda stupid tho if you wanna *pressure* wash with something like bleach.
Ron | 2010-01-31 | 1:17:59 AM wrote:

OK, I see your concern.
Bleach doesn't go through at high pressure because it wouldn't be in contact with the surface long enough to do any good.
You use the low-pressure setting to spray the bleach where you want it, and wait 20 minutes or so while the bleach does its work, keeping the surface damp (dried bleach doesn't do much good).
Finally, you use the high-pressure setting to rinse off the bleach water and remove stuck-on dirt.
If you want to be *really* thorough: power-wash, bleach, power-wash.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

Thanks!
As part of my anti husky campaign, I shall offer the following advice:
Husky is crap. I bought one, used it three times in over a year, it failed, and because it was over a year old, they wouldn't do anything.
HUSKY IS CRAP. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
If you want a real power washer, buy a real one.
Steve

Well, considering how little I use it (bought it mainly to PW my house before painting it) it has lasted me 4 yrs and still works fine.

Well, considering how little I use it (bought it mainly to PW my house before painting it) it has lasted me 4 yrs and still works fine.
Mine lasted 4 uses.
Steve
In typed:

What was the reason for it being crap?
Sounds like you may have stored it improperly.
I've found Husky to be as good as any of the others on the market.
HTH,
Twayne
typed:

I used it four times. I went to use it, and it leaked like a sieve. In the meantime, it was kept indoors. What is improper storage?
Steve