Hurricane Wilma

Why would you live where there are hurricanes every year, and not prepare, and be bitching that the government isn't supplying you with drinking water, food, gasoline. Especially when you were told to prepare.

I would have a small generator, to at least keep food in the refrigerator cold , 3 - 5gal cans for gasoline, extra food and water.Not let the gas tank on my car get below 3/4's.

Unless you loose your entire house, stop you bitching!

Stop depending on the government to do for you.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

Why would you live where there are hurricanes every year, and not prepare, and be bitching that the government isn't supplying you with drinking water, food, gasoline. Especially when you were told to prepare.

I would have a small generator, to at least keep food in the refrigerator cold , 3 - 5gal cans for gasoline, extra food and water.Not let the gas tank on my car get below 3/4's.

Unless you loose your entire house, stop you bitching!

Stop depending on the government to do for you.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

You got that right!

Pat

Reply to
Patrick Cleburne

Entitlement mentality. Irresponsibility. Victims. Liberals.

Reply to
badgolferman

OT Trolls?

Reply to
Carpenter

Yeah, what a bunch of dumb losers. I watched these jerks waiting in 2 mile gas lines, pushing cars with no gas, and bitching on TV. Anyone with any sense had several days to fill up their gas tanks. That would provide many days of reasonable use in the areas hit by the hurricane or the ability to drive out to areas that have power and gas. One idiot was bitching about how awful it was that the gas stations were closed because they didn't have power. She wanted a law passed to require the gas stations to have generator power, which is the typical pass the blame and pass more needless laws solution. Sad what this country is coming to, isn't it? I mean, what would these people do in real adversity?

Reply to
trader4

Fine, then stop the government from taxing you too. But Bush doesn't mind taking your money for supposed "Homeland Security" and then doesn't want to be accountable.

Reply to
FDR

"twfsa" is living proof that there are more horses asses than horses.

Reply to
Riverrat

PRESIDENT BUSH DOESN'T CARE ABOUT PEOPLE!!!!!

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Not really, he is 100% correct. It would have been much easier to fill a bunch of soda or milk jugs with water instead of standing in line for hours to get some from the government. Fill the bathtub so you have water to scoop out to flush toilets. Those propane tanks should have been filled last week. No, too many of the people are lazy, stupid, or both.

In my house we also keep enough food to last for a week or more. It may not be the best selection at times, but we won't starve either. I can make pasta, heat soup, on the propane stove, or the grill.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Typical Liberal extremist response. Ignore the message and attack the messenger.

Why don't you answer the questions he asked?

Reply to
badgolferman

Yep, blame Bush for everything...

Reply to
badgolferman

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Despite your opinion of the OP, he is correct. It seems rather stupid for these people to wait until after the hurricane has hit to go out and get their basic needs and then bitch at the government because stuff is not available. Florida has been hit by what, 8 hurricanes in the last 18 months? You would think that these people would have gotten a clue. Last time I had to sit through a hurricane, I made sure that I have everything that I needed to last me more than a week, including gas for my generator. I just recently had a house built and I had them install a generator transfer switch.

No excuse for being unprepared in this instance, so these people need to shut up and deal with it. Idiots.

Reply to
Andrew

Tom wrote: snip> Stop depending on the government to do for you. Wouldn't it be great to be able to opt out of the social security system? Tom

Reply to
tom

Dumb sob's lost everything they had in New Orleans or last year's storms in Florida. Of course, the more responsible members of society, like retired military, might be stuck in a 10th floor condo with no elevator and unable to navigate stairs, so they weren't out there bitching. Let the bastards starve. Let the dumb losers in Pakistan freeze to death, too.

Dumb sob's believe the dumb sob's they elected who told them not to hog fuel before the storm, we have a zillion gallons of fuel in staging areas, a gazillion gallons of water, etc.

George said he would be responsible for relief failures in NO - does that mean I can expect him to show up with a shovel and start digging graves? He likes that macho, cowboy stuff. I wouldn't pay him to deliver newspapers. How many Bushes have taken flak about slow disaster relief and haven't learned a damn thing from it?

Reply to
Norminn

Norminn wrote: snip>How many Bushes have taken flak about slow disaster

relief and haven't learned a damn thing from it?

Screw the Bushes, it's the people that need to learn self-sufficiency. And I could be wrong, but I don't think they "dig" graves in New Orleans! Tom

Reply to
tom

It is not like the hurricane sneaked up on them. I grew up in Tornado alley, midwest. Every year just before Tornado season I was tasked to carry canned goods to the root cellar and other tasks. Mom would lay in extra food and make sure that the freezers were full. Dad always said a tornado would never hit our house because it was on a hill. But a couple got close enough to the home that he stopped saying that. I guess as long as you can get money for spilling hot coffee in your lap after you ordered it degrading intelligence and society is not far behind.

Reply to
SQLit

His wife calls him a "windshield cowboy". That means he only drives a Jeep, doesn't ride a horse.

mm

a question i have is why is it in america most homes are constructe out of timber ? why not bricks and mortar i know it wouldnt stop the flooding or powe loss etc but surely a lot less homes would be destroyed ?

Reply to
hollow