Hurricane-proof House

Page 7 of 11

Some sewage treatment plants are making a compost as a by-product. Maybe it goes through a turd sorter first.
wrote in message

He said turd sorter. LOL
wrote in message

it
It's a growth industry. Which other essential industry has an escalating supply of materials piped in for free? What could be more essential then boosting food production ?
snip>

They work by evaporating water, which is volatile, and then condensing it on the cool surface. Depends on the other contents, like salt, not being volatile. For the nasty mix along the gulf coast, part of the problem is petroleum components, which are also volatile. So it might actually produce a product water with a higher concentration of some of the impurities. Depends on vapor pressure, condensation temperature, etc.
Steve

Only if you've got a really big freaking roof. What you really want is to replace the attic and roof with a greenhouse, so as to control pests and weather. But the people/sqft ratio is really low, until you start investing in some serious intensive gardening equipment.
--Goedjn
Surplus army submarine would solve all issues.

skroob wrote:

How about a set of plane tickets set for parts far away?
"Cato"> wrote

Make that boat tickets and I'll order 2 right away. When an airplane stops flying you can't get out and fly. When a boat stops floating you can get out and swim. Humans are more closely related to fish than birds. ;-)

For a hurricane? Last thing I would want to be in.
What Army has submarines anyways.
--
Chris

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a
Poland? ;)
nice catch, though.

skroob wrote:

Are you sure you would trust an *army* surplus submarine?
-Bob

The ARMY does not have submarines,they are NAVAL vessels.
(And surplus ones do not get sold to civilians,they either get scrapped or sold to other nations.) I imagine the last surplus naval vessels to be sold to civs were the WWII PT boats or the amphibious DUKWs.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

It would be far cheaper to buy a house in some distant locale. At least, you could use for some purpose all the time. Jim
[asinine proposition snipped]
I nominate this thread as the most retarded ever in the history of these groups.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Second nomination of "Prize winner?" as most retarded thread ever.
gruhn wrote:

I nominate you both as the most retarded posters to a thread ever.
Matt

I know you are butt what am I????
;-]
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

Nah. Robin's butt. Just ask Ms Hartl and Mr Lee.     j4

OK, I know robin hartl's butt quite well but who is mr lee?

I don't know who Robin is let alone her/his butt.
If it's a him, I WILL let it alone....