Hurricane Mathew

I just ran across a Yahoo Finance article about Home Depot and Lowes special set ups for disasters. http://alturl.com/fmnd9 The stores have standby generator power so they can reopen quickly.
On 10/7/2016 7:12 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Guy I know said he bought a generator at about 1/3 price as a return after a severe storm.
On 10/07/2016 07:08 AM, Frank wrote:
[snip]

Yesterday, the first time I hears about the storm was some commercial email from a company called US Carburetion that makes propane conversion kits for generators.
--
79 days until the winter celebration (Sunday December 25, 2016 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Once I remember hearing that during a storm there is an increased demand for strawberry Pop-Tarts.

Nope, you see big convoys of trucks on the road when these things happen. My neighbor is an FPL lineman and he goes all over the gulf coast and up into the carolinas when things like this happen.
On 10/6/2016 6:30 AM, Bod wrote:

Yah, but it's not as bad as the media's drama queens would have you believe. Most of the wind is coming from the loud mouth reporters. Sheeesh!
On 07/10/2016 13:14, Drama Queen wrote:

Ok.
On 10/07/2016 7:14 AM, Drama Queen wrote: ...

Ratings do have to be maintained, yes...but--only that the track turned out (so far) to have been a little farther east kept the highest winds offshore...
On 10/7/2016 9:53 AM, dpb wrote:

Here's a quote from a weather site:
"As the destruction makes its way up the East Coast, it's time to prepare."
What destruction? Did some panicked Floridians knock over the Puddin' Cup display at a Miami Walmart? What kind of structure is destroyed by a 40 MPH wind?
And who's the idiot that builds junk like that in a hurricane zone? Good grief!
But I'm sure they'll have videos of FEMA unloading body bags from a semi.