Hurricane Mathew

Page 1 of 2
Any of you living in the US in or near the Florida area or in the path of this nasty storm?

I'm in Florida not really close. (other coast) We will still get gusty wind and swats of hard rain with the random chance of a tornado. I am not worried about it.
On Thu, 06 Oct 2016 13:23:51 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Hurricanes and Tornados occur when God loses his temper. He really needs to go to anger management classes.
On 06/10/2016 18:23, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

My daughter in law just flew down to Florida and is on her way to Key West,if not already there, with girl friends.
My brother and his wife's cruise to the Caribbean to have left Monday from Baltimore was cancelled.
Friend in Myrtle Beach is bracing for the deluge expected there.
On 06/10/2016 18:39, Frank wrote:

Best of luck to her.
On 10/6/16 1:39 PM, Frank wrote:

Current forecast calls for just rain at worst in KW. They don't even have tropical storm warnings up further south than Marathon. They aren't closing any the bridges, so she should be okay. Could be interesting trying to get back out, but there are worse places to the stranded than KW.

On 10/06/2016 1:10 PM, Kurt V. Ullman wrote: ...

Yeah, as long as nothing changes drastically...altho a major westward swing would be pretty unusual.
I think the projected track thru the early weekend _most_ interesting--essentially a U turn and possibly, if one were to project even further out than the last map I saw, back into warm-enough waters to regenerate and come back around for another swipe... That'd be pretty remarkable; don't know if it's ever happened since have recorded observations or not.
Meanwhile, I guess we didn't lose CA Tuesday... :)
On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 2:48:09 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:

D*mn! Now I gotta go through with the plans to visit SWMBO family's next month. I was hoping for an event that didn't hurt anybody but still prevented access. ;-)
On 10/06/2016 2:12 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Who knows still a month to go... :) Full moon's a "super moon" come about mid-month, besides.
On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 6:06:37 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:

I was looking at air traffic in the FL area on Flightaware. Surprising amount of traffic, eg Orlando has planes coming and going, right now. South of there, traffic is staying over the west side of FL. I saw one crazy bastard heading straight into the eye. Clicked on it and it's a P3-Orion, one of NOAAs hurricane hunters. Shows it's path has been zigzagging back and forth across it. I wouldn't be good for that job.
On 10/6/2016 7:26 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Jet aircraft are built to take a 600 MPH wind head on.
On 10/6/2016 1:47 PM, dpb wrote:

Plus, there is a second hurricane east of this one and if Matthew does a U-turn it'll run smack dab into that second hurricane.
--
Maggie

On 10/6/2016 2:10 PM, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:

Hawaii. Some people have all the luck.

If she made it to Key West she is fine.

On 10/6/16 5:30 AM, Bod wrote:

I'm in the middle of the U.S. It affects us a bit even here. Power line crews from Lincoln, NE are headed that way to help after the storm passes. It's about 1400 miles to Orlando, FL. I wonder if Walmart will be better prepared for the storm than FEMA, the Federal Emergency Management Agency. (silly question)

Of course. A 72 year old Walmart Greeter is already posted at the store's door, waiting to Greet the hurricane Matthew.
WELCOME TO WALMART!
On 10/6/16 9:27 PM, Oren wrote:

Thirteen guys with seven trucks are headed to Vero Beach.
On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 21:16:10 -0500, Dean Hoffman

They usually are. Walmart has lots of stuff, really close, in hardened warehouses. They also keep their stuff moving so things can stay fresh.