Hurd v. Anderson Windows??

Can anyone compare the quality of the Hurd and Anderson windows? I am in the market for double hung, tilt windows.
Thanks for any comments !!!
--James--
Apples to apples, they are equals. That is, if both windows are ordered with the same features the quality is equal.

Some apples are designed better than others. A few general principles of quality...
Are the frame members unititized or mitered and joined together from smaller pieces?
Are the frames stapled or mitered at the corners? Miters are better and more of them indicates stronger joints.
Look at the section cut through a frame. Which vendor if either is using a continuous condensation channel? The glass will rest on shims and the channel should be continuous around the entire inside perimeter of the frame.
<%= Clinton Gallagher METROmilwaukee (sm) "A Regional Information Service" NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://metromilwaukee.com / URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com /

I missed the first part of this post. However, I just installed Weather Shield windows on my own house after looking at other brands such as Anderson. Whatever the final choice, this product should be reviewed. http://www.weathershield.com/wshield/index.asp
message : >> : >> : >> Can anyone compare the quality of the Hurd and Anderson windows? I am : >> in : >> the market for double hung, tilt windows. : >> : >> Thanks for any comments !!! : >> : >> --James-- : >> : >> : > : > : :
Colby Co windows are the best you can buy.

No, BP's Wicked Pissa windows are the best you can buy.

BP wrote:

MS Windows have security problems and can leak quite a bit...
I just use some 2x4's and some plastic wrap. Cant beat the price and I can brag about it being custom made. If I want to open the window I just punch a hole right through it. Close it up at night?? Just staple in some more plastic wrap. I never even have to clean the windows EVER!
LOL
On a more serious note, Andersons or Pella have decent windows. Just make sure you get the ones that are good e-rating and you should be fine.
I have both in my house, and they are quite similar feature and efficiency wise. The Anderson's have somewhat better mechanicals (mine are casements) and smoother operation. They were also somewhat more expensive.
I don't think the difference is huge.
Thanks to all for the several replies to this question !!
I will look forward to any other comments/ experiences, comparing Hurd to Anderson windows.
--James--
Hurd has glass options. A glass for the south with low VLT and SHG. Anderson does not