Hunter Programmable Thermostat

I purchased a Hunter brand thermostat awhile back and I have decided not to use it. I would like to return it but can't seem to find where I have bought it. Doues anyone know a big retail chain store that deals in this brand ? Thanks, Iowa883

Reply to
Iowa883

Hmmm.... exactly how long did you say you have been brain damaged?

Reply to
Matt

Home depot carries them, i'm pretty sure thats where i got mine. Lowes might also. I have to say tho, Hunter makes some great irrigation products but they sure fell down on these programmable thermostats. The programming is a bitch, the whole interface is very user unfriendly and awkward. Making a change once you get it set up is no fun at all. also, you MUST set up 4 times for each day, all i want is a morning setting and an evening setting but in order to get that i have to program temp to go to 70 at 6 am, to goto

70 at 7 am, to goto 65 at 9pm to goto 65 at 11pm. And i have to do that for each and every day. Make a mistake? start over... buttons dont respond well, they need to be held down for a second or so or driven hard against the stops, but not too long or it skips over your desired goal if its near. Very unfriendly. I should have returned mine too but after i got it setup i was too annoyed to drive the 7 miles back to Home Depot. Hunter should have whoever designed their irrigation controllers do their thermostats. The irrigation controllers are very intuitive, nice easy to use interface, a snap to change settings - very very nice. Eric
Reply to
Eric