hunter pgp sprinkler wrench

Does anyone know the size of the hex wrench that adjusts the Hunter PGP sprinkler heads (arc adjustment) ? I'd like to use one of the hex wrenches in a set I own to adjust it or does Lowes or Home Depot carry the Hunter tools for their pgp heads?
Is the same hex wrench also adjust the radius (distance of throw) ?
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:04:32 -0500, observer wrote:

If you've got the wrenches, can't you try them to see what fits?

Mark Lloyd
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:05:17 -0500, Mark Lloyd

Yes, I already tried and I couldn't get about 4 or 5 to fit (smaller sizes in my set) so I decided to ask rather than try in vain.
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:16:24 -0500, observer wrote:

Does trying cause any damage? If seems so much faster and easier that asking and waiting.

Mark Lloyd
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:24:39 -0500, Mark Lloyd

If I didn't think it was worth asking, I wouldn't ask.
| Does anyone know the size of the hex wrench that adjusts the Hunter | PGP sprinkler heads (arc adjustment) ?
The arc adjustment doesn't use the hex wrench; it uses the little plastic wing/tab. The hex wrench adjusts the radius (flow) only.
On 26 Oct 2007 05:40:01 GMT, ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) wrote:

Dan, maybe I didn't understand the manual correctly because I thought it was the other way around but thanks for the correction. I'll reread the manual (on line since I didn't get one). Upon reading another manual (perhaps more complete on line) it gets a bit more complicated to adjust the RIGHT arc stop which I need on at least one maybe two heads. Oh well I'll decide whether I should call an outfit or do it myself.
thank you again for the help.
| Upon reading another manual (perhaps more complete on line) it gets a | bit more complicated to adjust the RIGHT arc stop which I need on at | least one maybe two heads. Oh well I'll decide whether I should call | an outfit or do it myself.
To adjust the non-adjustable side of the arc you have to unscrew the head from the body and rotate it. There is nothing intrinsically difficult about this, but you have to trade off how much of the lawn you want to disturb against the risk of getting dirt inside the body.
On Oct 26, 4:54 pm, ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) wrote:

You can also just rotate the whole head assembly with a large pair or pliers to set the non-adjustable end of the sweep. If you move it an 1/8 of a turn or so it's not likely to affect it leaking.
Regarding the adjustment tool, a local plumbing supply or irrigation supplier that carries Hunter will have them. You could also check Ebay, might find it there, or email someone on Ebay that sells Hunter and ask them if they will send you one.
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 16:07:16 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Appreciate the help, thanks.
On 26 Oct 2007 20:54:33 GMT, ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) wrote:

Thanks Dan.
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/hunter-pgp-sprinkler-wrench-261297-.htm jsnic wrote:
observer@localhost wrote:

------------------------------------- Understand this is an old thread, but I ran into the same issue at my new house. I didn't own the adjustment wrench. Turns out a regular flat head screwdriver works fine to adjust the left rotation, but the rubber cap on the sprinkler gets in the way. I simply used the screwdriver to CAREFULLY pry up the rubber top. There are three rubber heads underneath that 'snap' into holes. Once the rubber top was off you, can easily do the adjustment with the flat head screwdriver, and can then snap the rubber cap back into place. Hope this helps next time someone google's for this and doesn't have the time to order the tool.
Jeff
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/hunter-pgp-sprinkler-wrench-261297-.htm jsnic wrote:
observer@localhost wrote:

------------------------------------- I understand this is an old thread, but I ran into the same issue and didn't have the adjustment wrench. I used a flat head screw driver to CAREFULLY pry off the rubber cap. It has three small rubber heads beneath it that snap into the sprinkler. Once the cap was removed a flat head screwdriver can be used for the left rotation adjustment. You can snap the rubber cap back on when done. Hopefully this helps the next person that doesn't have time to order a wrench.
Jeff