Hunter Electronic Thermostat

I've been wanting to get an electronic thermostat, but not a programable one, since my work and life schedules vary too much for a programmable one to be practical.
I know some of the cheaper ones (Lux) are really not electronic, they are mechanical thermostats with a digital interface.
Today I noticed at Wal-Mart that they have an electronic thermostat by Hunter (the people who make ceiling fans, I believe) of around 20 bucks, that seems to meet my requirements (no programming, can set swing to 1 degree F). Does anyone know if this is truly an electronic thermostat, and is it any good?
If it matters, my system is oil fired forced hot air (Sears), with air conditioning added later (Carrier).
Thanks for your help.
--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH

Some of the Hunter stats are identical to the Lux stats.
I suggest you have a company come in and install a quality stat and have them clean and check the system while they are there.
If you do however wish to try this yourself, you may cost yourself more money then you expect. But if you do, you might want to find a company that will sell you a quality stat.
~kjpro~
Before I bought my Honeywell thremostat I checked the internet and found that the Hunter and Lux cheapo ones had a reputation for not being all that great and I bought a Honeywell one and I like it a lot. At least it's not made in China.
I have always had honeywell with no problems, I put in 2 fancy Lux units a few years ago and have had a few problems.
Just curious to know why you want to replace your existing thermostat? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. A programmable will save money and pay for itself. Manually adjusting a thermostat wastes energy because there will be times you forget.

I want an electronic thermostat because I find the "swing" on a regular one to be too great, it takes too long for the heat to come on, and then it gets too hot. I've tried adjusting the anticipator in the existing unit, it seems to have little effect on this.
I don't want a programable because my work hours are different every day, and even change from week to week, and sometimes my days off are different too. So, I'de be forever reprogramming in that case.
I'm not too worried about occasionally forgetting to change the setting, it's a small house and it's well insulated, I only use about 500 gallons of oil a year.
--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH

Some units have an antipicator circuit on the back that can be adjusted. Call a tech and explain the problem when they get there