Hunter Digital A/C Thermostat Install Guide

I was getting really tired of our old Honeywell analog thermostat and how inaccurate it had become over the years. It was very difficult to consistently set the temperature.
So I replaced it with a Hunter "Just Right" (model 42999B) digital electronic thermostat that cost $27. I didn't bother getting the programmable version of the thermostat because of our unpredictable schedule.
I took pictures of the install process and wrote up a quick guide.
Here's the guide - http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Hunter-Just-Right-Digital-Thermostat-Install-Guide
I don't know if we have saved much on our power bill, but I can definitely feel the difference in how consistent the air temperature inside the home remains.
Cheers, Paul Michaels Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Paul Michaels wrote:

I hope your Hunter will last as long as the Honeywell did. I am using Honeywell Vision Pro 8000. You can use programmable at single setting.

Since you didn't get a programmable one, unless the old one was hugely inaccurate, any energy savings will be almost non-existent. People set whatever thermostat they have, whether it reads 76 or 72 to what the feel is comfortable.
With a programmable one, the savings come from having it set back at night or during the day when no one is home. They can do that and still have it comfortable when you wake up or come home. If you do the same setback yourself, any thermostat will do the same thing.

the accuracy and the differential of the cut in and cut out heating temperatures along with comfortable humidity and circulation, plus fresh air supplemented to your home, all contribute. lots of info free just search at: http://www.buildingscience.com/index_html and some southern hvac humor too at: http://www.buildingscience.com/documents/insights/bsi-015-top-ten-dumb-things-to-do-in-the-south/?topic=/resources/homeowner_resources