Hunter cieling fan prob:

PE:

P > Hi all: I have a Hunter ceiling fan that's about 8 yrs. old and that has P > begun to malfunction. It has a four-way pull-chain switch (cycles through P > off-high-med-low-off, etc.). Lately, when the switch is pulled to move fro

P > high to med, the fan does not slow to the med speed but, instead, continues P > to rotate at high speed, and when the switch is pulled again, as though to P > move from med to low, the fan stops altogether, as though the switch was on P > off. Request and would appreciate any suggestions re. probable cause(s) of P > symptoms just described (I suspect the switch is faulty), and steps require

P > to remedy. Thanks for your replies! PE

I'd venture to guess the switch is failing and should be replaced. Probable cause is eight years of use.

  • It's not how you pick your nose but where you put the booger.
Reply to
barry martin