Hung that door

Thanks for the replies to my earlier message. I've now added "hanging a door" to my list of competencies. Interesting, though, what builders will use for shims: yardsticks, etc. I'm also thinking that they had a fear of insulation, since it had none between the framing and door jam. Learned that "great stuff" isn't for doors & windows. It will push your framing all out of wack. I did find this out BEFORE using it. Used DAP low-e foam. BTW: the new door is more level & plumb than the old one.
--
Steve & Lauri Bliss
San Antonio, Texas
Steven Bliss wrote:

OK, great, is this the post about a steel door?? if so where did you get the new door and was the top and bottom of the door when you open it also steel coated???? the ones i have seen in home depot were not and looked like if they got wet that the inside particle board stuff would swell...
Steven Bliss wrote:

south Louisiana.... guess i will try some small building material places for better grade of stuff as the home depot stuff is kinda not so good.. thanks