Humidifier Recommendations

I live in Colorado and my interior humidty reads in the 20-30 range during the winter. I want to install a humidifier on my forced air furnace. Like to hear your recommendations. thanks Phil
afman72 wrote:

You meant R.H. I guess. It is a matter of outside temperature. If it is in that range, not bad. I'd install flow through type with remote humidistat(most convenient location). Mine is side-by-side with furnace thermostat. Mine is spray type. Tony(Calgary; similar to Colorado winter weather)
afman72 wrote:

I've been running an (older) Aprilaire 558 for several years in my St. Paul, MN house, and I'm real happy with it. It's a bypass type humidifier, installed on the return air duct next to the furnace. Only thing I do to it is replace the "water panel" element once a year. The water flows through the pad, flushing the excess minerals and crud down the drain.
Mine also came with an automatic humidistat - it regulates the indoor humidity based on an outside temperature sensor. More of a set it and forget it arrangement especilly when the temperature can swing from -15F to 30F in a couple of days.
Have you checked with your heating contractor to see what they recommend?
Bob.
I also have the April Air with the auto set humidistat, its a feature that sets the unit apart and is definately worth getting, you set it once to window condensation and back it off and thats it. Its outdoor temp probe does the rest. Manual set models can easily over or under humidify unless you constantly reset and fiddle around. This unit keeps you at the optimal max setting before condensation occurs.
afman72 wrote:

I put in an Aprilair a couple of years ago and I have been very happy with it. It is a by-pass type.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math