humidifier furnace

Hi, I have a Model 81 Generalaire drum type furnace humidifier. the water shutoff is unpredictable. sometimes it shuts off when the pan fills, other times it keeps going. How should I adjust the float assembly, or the float so that it shuts off sooner and doesn't fill up to almost the brim. Thanks.

Reply to
Gustov

replace the humidifier with a flow thru type with a pad and rain. The drum type just breed all sorts of bad things!

Wayne

Reply to
wayne

You might be able to bend the rod to the float (push the float down).

But he's right, the drum types grow bacteria. Flow through types like Aprilaire have much less trouble with growing mold, etc.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon