Humidifier floor model -- hot or cold?

I've got a humidifier that sits on the floor. It takes about two gal of water per day to keep my trailer comfortable.
Is there any advantage to feeding it with hot water?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 1/7/2016 12:08 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You know the answer to that.
If not, look at this yourself and do the math:
http://www.kentchemistry.com/links/Energy/HeatVaporization.htm
On 1/7/2016 12:13 PM, Frank wrote:

I do? What answer do I know?
I did glance at the web page. So, what's the answer that I already know?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
On 1/7/2016 12:08 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

24 hours later. One reply, which didn't even offer a position. I'll admit to being disappointed.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 11:50:48 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Then you should admit to asking stupid questions... ಠ︵? ??凸
On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 12:50:48 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

How water will evaporate at a faster rate. But the water isn't going to stay hot for very long. Not only will it cool just like a bucket of hot water, but because water is constantly being evaporated, it will cool fast, like a swamp cooler works. And unless the humidifier is undersized and can't supply enough moisture using cold water, what would the point be anyway?
On 1/9/2016 6:58 AM, trader_4 wrote:

The BTU or calories have to come from some where. Either the water heater, or the furnace. The advantage of using hot water is that for a few minutes, it evaporates easier.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 8:12:44 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

If you knew that, then why did you post the question to begin with?
On 01/10/2016 09:05 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Maybe he temporarily forgot he knew? Did you ever forget where you put your car keys?
On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 9:12:19 AM UTC-5, Hecho en China wrote:

Yes, but I never forgot how a key works.
On 1/10/2016 9:26 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I notice so far no one has answered my question.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 3:07:41 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Been drinking today? I answered it and the answer was the same damn thing you just posted.
On 1/10/2016 5:36 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Well, post the damn thing again, maybe this time be a bit more direct and clearn.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 6:50:22 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Newsreader broken? Google broken? WTF is "clearn"?
On 1/10/2016 9:05 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Every now and again, there is some thing I don't know. Which someone else on this list knows. This might be one such time. That's why.
Storming is just remembering the good old days..
https://groups.google.com/forum/m /#!searchin/alt.home.repair/Humidifuer$20hot$20water/alt.home.repair/DgSzdLYvxS4
That's just one, there are a few more.. M

Didn't bring up any useful information.
--
.
Christopher A. Young