Humidifier belt and media

A couple times this week, the drive belt for my floor model Kenmore humidifer jumped off. I have a spare belt off a similar model. But, that spare belt jumped also. Figure it may be working too hard, the media pad is many years old, and a bit crusty.
I had a spare media pad on hand, so I decided to try and put it on. Tuns out to be easier than I thought. Four screws on top, and the mechanism lifts straight up.
Loosen one turn knob, (right side) the upper roller comes out. Pry a bit on the lower roller, and it came out also.
The old media belt weighs several pounds. The new one, several ounces. Put it all together, and give it a test. The fan runs, and the media belt does not move. Then I noticed the drive belt, near the machine. Put that back on.
Hope that fixes it for a while.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 3:57:00 PM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:

"Media", so this thing plays MP3's or something?
Stormin Mormon wrote:

You lazy bugger, you suppose to replace the media pad every season..., LOL!
On 2/16/2016 5:23 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

I got the humidfier free off the curb about 15 years ago. I've oiled the fan motor once or twice in thoe years. Well, maybe get a new media in five or six years.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

A lot of good stuff on the curb.

On 2/23/2016 12:57 AM, Micky wrote:

Been a couple days, and the water level has not gone down much. I figure either the humidity is OK, or the knob is set wrong, or the new media is ineffective. Well, can't be sure at this time.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 9:07:09 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Humidity OK? The first reference point in all this is if the humidifier is running or not. Presumably, it has an adjustable setting. If the humidity is high enough, it won't run and then of course the water won't be going down. I think what everyone here assumed was that you were saying the thing is running at least as much as it did previously, but the water isn't going down. If that's the case, then it's not that the humidity is OK. If it's not working, it should be running constantly with the water not going down.
On 2/23/2016 9:17 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I've not taken to charting the behavior. When I walk by, it's often running. But not all the time. Guess this will be a mystery for a while.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

When are people going to learn he doesn't have a klue? He has 'supposedly' doing this for what 30 years. He's an idiot or troll. Doesn't matter he's dangerous.
--
Tekkie