Humidifier and vapor question

Page 4 of 4
On 1/24/2014 9:18 AM, TimR wrote:

Being a real man (R), I'd use camo colored gorilla tape.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

plastic.

I noticed the air is pretty cool over mine. It is a swamp cooler ! I wonder how much negative btu it taking away ?
I just measured temp differential. It's not that much. 6-7 degrees, but it's moving a lot of air.
Greg
On 1/23/2014 11:15 PM, gregz wrote:

You know exactly how many BTU's it takes to vaporize that much water. Google heat of vaporization.

I'm thinking. 8000 btu over 12 hours, about 600 btu hr ?
Greg
On 1/22/2014 8:11 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Johnstone sells smoke bombs that are used by HVAC guys to check for leaks. I have some somewhere and they're lot's of fun to play with. ^_^
TDD

I may look into that. Alternative is a tin can full of hay and straw. Light that up.
--
.
Christopher A. Young