Humidifier

What's the best kind of whole-house humidifier to buy? I've seen a small mist type that requires a really small hole in the furnace duct and then a much larger kind that requires a much larger hole and it's only duct attaching to the furnace duct.
Mike
April Air has good units and a model with an outside thermometer, that you set to just before condensation and forget. It then automaticly keeps the humidity at an optimum level based on outside temps.
upand_at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

http://www.aprilaire.com/
That is what I have and I can highly recommend it.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Ditto here.
Definitely take the time to hook up the outside temp probe so you don't have to mess with it.
upand_at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

BTW there have been a number of problems with the spray types, depending in part on the water quality of your area. Problems include dust, damage to equipment, short life, and health issues.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Caulk, which will reduce vs increase your heating bill. Dry houses leak too much air in wintertime.
Nick
Anyone have any experience with the MPI FCX oil-fired condensing boiler?
Nick
Nicks favorite dumb answer "Caulk"

Caulk does not rectify the low humidity issue..
Altho...your comment about a dry home, leaking too much air is hilarious.
CBHVAC wrote:

There is some truth to the idea. I doubt if calking is going to make enough of a difference to notice however.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Well, I understand what he means....tighten the home up and keep moisture that is already produced in the home in.... however...
If you take air thats 50% humidity at 45F, its still gonna be dry as a bone when you figure relative at 75F.

;-) Greg
Are Honeywell humidifiers any good? Home Depot has Honeywell, but not AprilAire.
Mike