Humidifier

What's the best kind of whole-house humidifier to buy? I've seen a small mist type that requires a really small hole in the furnace duct and then a much larger kind that requires a much larger hole and it's only duct attaching to the furnace duct.

Mike

Reply to
upand_at_them

April Air has good units and a model with an outside thermometer, that you set to just before condensation and forget. It then automaticly keeps the humidity at an optimum level based on outside temps.

Reply to
m Ransley

That is what I have and I can highly recommend it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

BTW there have been a number of problems with the spray types, depending in part on the water quality of your area. Problems include dust, damage to equipment, short life, and health issues.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Caulk, which will reduce vs increase your heating bill. Dry houses leak too much air in wintertime.

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

Anyone have any experience with the MPI FCX oil-fired condensing boiler?

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

Nicks favorite dumb answer "Caulk"

Reply to
m Ransley

Caulk does not rectify the low humidity issue..

Altho...your comment about a dry home, leaking too much air is hilarious.

Reply to
CBHVAC

There is some truth to the idea. I doubt if calking is going to make enough of a difference to notice however.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Well, I understand what he means....tighten the home up and keep moisture that is already produced in the home in.... however...

If you take air thats 50% humidity at 45F, its still gonna be dry as a bone when you figure relative at 75F.

Reply to
CBHVAC

Ditto here.

Definitely take the time to hook up the outside temp probe so you don't have to mess with it.

Reply to
Larry Bud

From what I have learned here you should just flood your basement floor! ;-) Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Are Honeywell humidifiers any good? Home Depot has Honeywell, but not AprilAire.

Mike

Reply to
upand_at_them