Humidifier

I bought a humidifier the other day, and after I used it for over night in my bedroom, the area where the humidifier was sitting was damp! Well, this question is not necessarily about the humidifier (but I am curious how that happened, right now I have the humidifier in a small plastic tub so it will hold the water) but about the carpet. What is the quickest way for me to dry the carpet? I have a fan to it for the past few hours, but I was just wondering if there was a faster or "more correct" way of doing this.
Thanks in advance!
--
Gene H. Moon

"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for

The thing you ned to be most concerned about also is making sure the backing of the carpet and the padding beneath it (and even the bare wood beneath all that) is dry. Because if it's left damp, that's how mold/mildrew/rot problems begin because that moisture is trapped (no air movement under there) and has no way to evaporate quickly. The *best* way -- but unfortunately not the least labor-intensive -- is to pull up the carpet until you get to that section, check for dampness, and let air dry or fan dry for a day or two if there is dampness. Then put the carpet back down as it was.
AJS