huge weed, or small tree?

This is growing right next to my foundation slab (stalk touches slab): <
http://www.clifto.com/weed2.jpg . It's nearly as tall as I am.

More detailed but 750K picture at <
http://www.clifto.com/weed.jpg . The buds are more visible.
Roundup applied yesterday; I'm just trying to assess potential damage. What in the wide, wide world o' sports is this thing?
--
All relevant people are pertinent.
All rude people are impertinent.

Looks like a vinylsidus slabofilliem. Great in salads.
Clifton T. Sharp Jr. said:

It's a huge weed, velvet leaf (Abutilon theophrasti). You have a particularly robust specimen.
See: http://www.lib.ksu.edu/wildflower/velvetleaf.html
--
Pat K.

I think that is VELVETLEAF (Abutilon theophrasti)
Clifton T. Sharp Jr. wrote:

Well, if it was in my soybean field (or anywhere else) it would be called a "Button Weed".
Cheers,
Don
<< Well, if it was in my soybean field (or anywhere else) it would be called a "Button Weed" >>
In my soybean fields (Central Illinois) we call 'em velvetleaf.
Joe
It's velvetweed. Why pollute your lawn with chemicals? Just cut it off with a hoe, or pull it. You'll have to dispose of it anyway after the Roundup kills it.